Verbruggen and McQuaid - WTF!?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldroadman

Veteran
The UCI have a long history of defending high profile riders who dope. What amazes me is that we the public, WADA, the media know it yet still they persist. 18 months on and still no verdict ref Contador - disgusting. I despair and hold them solely responsible for dragging this great sport down to never seen before levels. Go get 'em Paul, I suspect you have more supporters than you realise.

Pretty uninformed about the Contador case, aren't you? UCI started the case, which was referred to Spanish Fed. (correct process), who surprise, surprise, found no case to answer. So UCI AND WADA appealed to CAS, who have now been procrastinating for over a year and only last week delayed a decision AGAIN. Hardly the UCI Or WADA fault. Look to Iberia for the problem!
And take care what you believe of what Dick Pound at WADA used to spout, he has always had a downer on cycling, whilst certain other high profile sports seem to be ignored, where money is absolute king and expensive lawyers rule.

Uninformed? Hardly, the UCI are supposed to have teeth being the titular head irrespective of the country involved. WADA have very little political clout and ought to be supported by every sport's governing body. I agree that certain sports [football springs immediately to mind] are ring fenced by lawyers but one could equally say that about individuals in cycling [Armstrong springs to mind].
If you don't already participate/read this forum that has pros contributing, have a look.
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=15417

Top Bottom