Vertical blinds (fitted)....is there a way to estimate cost ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Situation is......
I need just one blind supplied and fitted.
150W x 110deep
Simple fit eg no obstacles.
So.......
I don't want multiple people quoting for just one blind BUT I want to be happy that I am not being over charged.

Blind4uk.co.uk do an online quote
probably doesn't include fitting so that would be extra (unless you want to do it yourself

AT least it gives you an idea

Sharky

Guru
Dunelm are worth a call. We were considering shutters and they gave us a quote in the shop, then sent round a fitter for detailed measuring and revised quote.

We didn't go ahead with ordering, but there was no charge or fee for the visit.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
What sort of blinds are they? If vertical type, loads of shops do them. You can find the one that fits nearest and cut them to size. They can be fiddly at best but not really very technical if you or someone you know can handle a screwdriver

vickster

Legendary Member
Dunhelm or John Lewis a decent shout. Don’t go with Hillary’s if not wanting to haggle and/or paying over the odds

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Supply and fitted will be expensive. Can your son in law not fit one. They aren't difficult, just take time with the sizing/cutting. We replaced all the slats on the 5 blinds in the conservatory some years ago - worked out quite cheap by using an on-line blind supplier just for the slats and chains.

We sopped around and got several quotes but found that a small local shop was pretty cheap and turned out to be really good

The technology is well established so small businesses can do it as well as the big people

I know you don;t want lots of people coming round - but as you have the measurements you could ring a few and get a quote

Then just invite the nicest sounding round to do a final measurement

Profpointy

Legendary Member
One warning. My late aunt wanted some blinds for their conservatory. She phoned up one of the well advertised national chains from an ad in the Sunday paper. Can't quite
remember who but you can likely envisage the sort of thing. Anyhow someone came round to measure and quote and she couldn't get rid of them - they were so pushy for a sale and wouldn't leave to the extent she was on the point of calling the police. For context, though she was by then elderly she was very capable, and perfectly able to be forceful; she'd been a JP for a while, but was still quite upset by the whole episode.

Yes - on the rare occasions that I have called a compeny that advertises on the Sunday Papers- they have always gone for the hard sell

I got a quote from one for a fireplace - in the days when stone fireplaces were common (and dinosaurs wandered the Earth!!)

I got all sorts of rubbish from him - he did a really good pencil drawing of what it would look like

then rang me a few days later saying he had completed the final designs and a full colour painted version that took him several hours
"because he was sure I would go through with the order"
when I had specifically said I was waiting for 2 otehr companies to come round first

I suggested that he sent me the painting - but he never did

basically - if they can afford to advertise in the Sundays then they have to get the cost back from somewhere - and it is your wallet!

Tenkaykev

Guru
One of the local shops that has been around for ages " Broadview Blinds " now has swishily Logo'd vans and has rebranded itself to " Broadview Shading Solutions "

Sharky

Guru
Situation is......
I need just one blind supplied and fitted.
150W x 110deep
Simple fit eg no obstacles.
So.......
I don't want multiple people quoting for just one blind BUT I want to be happy that I am not being over charged.

We've just been looking for a curtain rail for our re-done bathroom. I don't want to start drilling into the nice new tiles. In Dunelm and probably other suppliers, they do "no drill" curtain rails.

vickster

Legendary Member
If the cats come in, they will destroy a slatted blind quickly! Mine at least loves a windowsill, nosey sods they are.
Don’t get from IKEA, really flimsy and cheap. Go for wood

Top Bottom