Vertigo.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fastpedaller

Welcome to the club. It's annoying and sometimes downright dangerous but it gets better over time. If you drive you might have to fill in this amusingly titled DVLA form. Someone there taking the .....

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/diz1-online-confidential-medical-information

But it wasn't Menier's disease. I am ok now having given up cow's milk. Menier's disease is an unknown (I suspect it's just a name for a set of symptoms) - ask them what it is an they just say 'you might have it'. I've caught an infection? no? Is it catching... No? How do you 'get' it. Well it just happens. Seems to be tightening of the muscles near the ear - yes it seems very unlikely that a glass of milk can give such symptoms, but then ask ourselves 'what about people who eat one peanut and die'
The human body can be very finely balanced - just get it back in balance without taking nasty chemicals!

Slick

Guru
Not sure if the tinnitus thing is relevant but I have that but it was a few years previously I first had vertigo, which is a tad unfortunate for a Scaffolder as I could no longer look up without feeling dizzy. The doc did that manoeuvre thingy with the help of a colleague, and it pretty much disappeared. It can come back from time to time but reasonably mild and after a recent visit to a new osteopath, she has promised to do it again with me. Try it, it really does work if you know what your doing.

presta

Guru
I've had it since 15.9.20, and the NHS haven't even acknowledged there's anything wrong until 5 weeks ago.

postman

Legendary Member
had another do this morning,i got straight back in to bed slept three and a half hour longer.

I have had some issues with balance recently as I have aged. Nothing too serious, just disconcerting, but only when walking and never when riding my bike, luckily. Possibly something to do with the impact/jarring of walking?

postman

Legendary Member
After two weeks and no problems,it came back this morning.All was normal shave shower dressed,downstairs for toadt,then wham.I now know what is coming took a pill 10-00 laid out on bed.Did not open my eyes everything spinning.Stayed there till well after two.Wobbly walk downstairs another pill,toast and just sat washed out,15-20 exactly when i started to feel ok.Old George is not getting a visit tonight.

Top Bottom