*VERY* Excited...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
I am currently sitting here in my PJ's planning a big ride for tomorrow. I know I mentioned about doing 75. Due to the possible weather limitations - Mum and I have decided to do 40 miles.

I love planning routes and getting stuff ready! Here is a screen shot of the potential route. Dad will be in Hythe to collect us after chips by the beach or a sandwich inside - depending on how well it rains on us!

11892269_10155940751815693_1970843131038334374_n.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
You'll breeze it. Have fun. Shame I can't join you, would have loved a trip to the seaside.

Brains

Legendary Member
Having done a fair bit of cycling across the marsh two things
  • Ensure on the Dunginess to Hythe section you have the wind behind you, if it's not then reverse the route.
  • You can stay on the new sea wall all the way to Hythe
  • Great little tea shop at Dunginess in the railway station

Mummy3monkeys

Hope the rain holds off, and enjoy.

Having done a fair bit of cycling across the marsh two things
  • Ensure on the Dunginess to Hythe section you have the wind behind you, if it's not then reverse the route.
  • You can stay on the new sea wall all the way to Hythe
  • Great little tea shop at Dunginess in the railway station
Is it ok to ride the sea-wall on a road bike?

Brains

Legendary Member
Is it ok to ride the sea-wall on a road bike?

It's a mixture of tarmac, smooth concrete, some corrugated concrete and odd places where storms have washed shingle across the roadway.
So ridable on a road bike, but given the number of loose dogs, wild children, texting teenagers and ambling parents you will not be going fast, especially on a sunny summer day.
The road along side is fairly fast, but also fairly narrow and although you are alongside the sea all the way, the aforementioned wall will mean you wont see a thing

It's a mixture of tarmac, smooth concrete, some corrugated concrete and odd places where storms have washed shingle across the roadway.
So ridable on a road bike, but given the number of loose dogs, wild children, texting teenagers and ambling parents you will not be going fast, especially on a sunny summer day.
The road along side is fairly fast, but also fairly narrow and although you are alongside the sea all the way, the aforementioned wall will mean you wont see a thing
Thank you.

Top Bottom