VERY LIGHT WEIGHT TENT?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisCrc

Hi all
i need a very Lightweight Tent for my Tour next year, can anyone recommend a good one? That maybe can fold up?

many thanks

Chris

Cubist

Still wavin'
So many different factors: How many will sleep in it? How much do you want to spend? Where will you use it?

If your budget is reasonable have a look at these. The Jetpacker weighs inly 1.4kg. I have owned a very lightweight Saunders for 30 years, and only last year did the zip finally give way. http://www.robertsaunders.co.uk/pages/frame.html

andrew_s

Legendary Member
The Terra Nova Laser Competition is currently the lightest sensible 1 person tent. You'd probably want to replace the supplied tiny pegs with proper ones, so reckon on 1kg all in, or a bit less if you leave the bag behind. It's reasonably robust, though does get a bit noisy in high winds.
There's also a "Laser" 2-person version at 1.4kg, and a lighter "Photon" version, about 800g, but the materials are probably too light for long term use - occasional mountain marathons only.

OP
OP
ChrisCrc

ChrisCrc

Hi Guys
Thanks for the replies, The Decathlon looks like the style i need and in the price range that i want to spend:smile: I want to do this tour with minimum baggage as possible, I aim to attach the tent to the bike as i wont be taking panniers or racks, but I will have a bar bag which will hold essential items.

Also can anyone recommend a Sleeping bag that is also lightweight and not take up much space...

Cheers

Chris

rich p

ridiculous old lush
ChrisCrc said:
Hi Guys
Thanks for the replies, The Decathlon looks like the style i need and in the price range that i want to spend:smile: I want to do this tour with minimum baggage as possible, I aim to attach the tent to the bike as i wont be taking panniers or racks, but I will have a bar bag which will hold essential items.

Also can anyone recommend a Sleeping bag that is also lightweight and not take up much space...

Cheers

Chris

I'm intrigued as to where you're going to put the tent?

Cubist

Still wavin'
Sleeping bags?
Tesco are doing a 3 season goose down and feather sleeping bag, packs very small and light (much smaller than synthetic loft) for about £35. Comfort range 8.5C upwards, extreme rate -3C

PpPete

Legendary Member
I like Tesco's products in general. Definite VFM IMO... but then I'm a cheapskate;)

However that feather & down sleeping bag is a POS. I sleep warm but there is no way that is suitable for anything more than summer use. To rate it at 3 season is just a joke.

For £35 you can get a half decent synthetic bag - although as Cubist says it won't pack anything like as small.

coopman

I have just got the quechua T2 ultralight pro, not tested it in anger yet, jus pitched it in the living room, and have to say I am impressed with its quality. Weighed in at 1.9kg on my digi scales.

Top Bottom