Very nasty looking RTA this morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mattyhew

hulver said:
Crap.

I think this might be related.

Yep, looks like it. 26 years old, from Derby.

Condolences to family and friends (of which there were many)

that looks like it its a horrid situation to be in getting that kind news trust me i speak from experience on this one, hulvar if you are a regular poster on that board i know of a very good
Society that can help the chap get through this, im happy to pass on the information if you want it to pass over.

forget all the arguments about who was speeding, or not speeding, Condolences to all who knew her.

Matt

Crankarm

Guru
Rhythm Thief said:
The forum is going to be a very busy place if we have to start "RIP" threads for everyone who gets killed in a road accident.

Er no, merely cyclists. Unsurprising really as this is a cycling forum.

Have you actually ever ridden a bike as most of your posts seem to either be about your cars or your noisy DIY activites at all hours of the day and night ;)?

Crankarm

Guru
Rhythm Thief said:
Idiot. Read the OP slowly and carefully. Get an adult to help you with the harder words.

Soooo much aggression :biggrin:. You need to take a chill pill. Did you get an adult to help you write them ............:thumbsup: ;)?

dondare

Über Member
If the victim wasn't a cyclist (and it appears that they weren't) then it highlights what some of us have been saying about lorries. That they are a particular hazard on the road, to cyclists and to everyone else as well.

dondare

Über Member
Rhythm Thief said:
The forum is going to be a very busy place if we have to start "RIP" threads for everyone who gets killed in a road accident.

3000 or so posts a year with perhaps 120 being cyclists.
It would, at least, put the dangers of cycling on the road into context.

GrasB

Veteran
dondare said:
3000 or so posts a year with perhaps 120 being cyclists.
It would, at least, put the dangers of cycling on the road into context.
+1... also have camera footage from people having near misses in cars.

NigC

Jezston said:
I've created a monster.

Sorry everyone.

Time for Room 101 I think.

No, you didn't create a monster, you reported a sad incident and the monster showed up to satisfy a desperate need for attention xx(

dondare said:
If the victim wasn't a cyclist (and it appears that they weren't) then it highlights what some of us have been saying about lorries. That they are a particular hazard on the road, to cyclists and to everyone else as well.

It would certainly do that (at least, it would if we could extrapolate this individual case to cover every car/truck accident ever, which we can't) if we knew any more about it than we do. But as it stands, we know very little more than what's described in the OP.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
NigC said:
No, you didn't create a monster, you reported a sad incident and the monster showed up to satisfy a desperate need for attention ;)

Sorry but I feel I need to stick up for Lee here. The OP's speculation that the lorry driver was at fault without knowing the facts is the issue and one which Lee objected too.

Jezston said:
Might hazard a guess that the artic was overtaking where it wasn't safe to and clipped the golf head on. .

As a professional lorry driver it is hardly suprising Lee questioned this wild speculation.

Just the same as making a sweeping generalisation that all cyclists RLJ and ride on the pavement.

NigC

4F said:
Sorry but I feel I need to stick up for Lee here. The OP's speculation that the lorry driver was at fault without knowing the facts is the issue and one which Lee objected too.

As a professional lorry driver it is hardly suprising Lee questioned this wild speculation.

Just the same as making a sweeping generalisation that all cyclists RLJ and ride on the pavement.

Interesting - I didn't mention any names ;)

Anyway, I know the points made regarding the general comment were valid. But there's ways of making a point without resorting to personal attacks such as "what a moronic post" and "Jez is talking bollox" - these kind of messages have only one aim and that is to provoke an angry reaction, which seems to have been successful. I hate seeing this tactic adopted. Making a point is fair enough, but there is no need to provoke an argument.

Anyway, I'll not respond further in this thread - if somebody wants to discuss forum posting etiquette, I think a new thread is in order :smile:

Top Bottom