Very small action camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
You should be able to fit this onto your helmet somehow

Warning - Amzon link, but may not be safe for work viewing
Might cause problems in use on the bike though.

a very famous rider back in the day

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Like a fat matchbox - Drift Stealth 2. My current Drift Ghost XL is a little larger. Not all that stealthy but not as goofy as a Go-Pro mount on the bonce.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I have owned several action cameras, some cheapos, some, not so cheap.

I had a Drift (HD170, I think was the model) for several years, it had a remote control, and, was very durable, hence, it lasted several years.

Have also got Chilli Tech Bullet camera, not really impressed, time stamping is a pain, temperamental with respect to SD Cards, no remote control, not easy to see that it is actually "on".

At present, I am using an AKASO EK7000 bought of Ebay for £32. It has a range of mounts (I have mine handlebar mounted), the mounts are GoPro compatible. It has a remote (wrist strap type). The supplied batteries (two supplied, and charger) give 2 hours recording. I bought compatible higher power batteries (3 for £18), again, off EBay, these give 3 hours recording.

In my experience, the Drift was "best", but, it was three times the price. I have had the AKASO for about three months, and, it has been used 3-4 times per week, I am very pleased with it.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I notice, there is no mention of recording quality? Here is a link to a sample (chosen at random) from the AKASO EK7000. It is recorded at 30fps. It is possible to record at 60fps and/or at higher resolution, but, this reduces the available recording time (because it is more power hungry and increased the required storage space on the SD card (32GB maximum). The sample is here.

Top Bottom