Very windy and freezing cold....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trio25

Über Member
I'm thinking about it, I've just had my breakfast and thinking it would do me good to get out of the house.

OP
OP
W

wherryman

strewth that was hard work, the wind never seems to be behind you in Norfolk, crappy average speed of 17mph !

trio25

Über Member
Yes it was very windy up here as well, I didn't get an average anywhere near that fast. I blame the hills!

wafflycat

My, that was bracing! Just back from the Sunday ride of the Ninja Pootlers (yours truly & cycling buddy). Glad we went out - much of the ride was hard, but not due to speed of cycling, due to force of the headwind. It certainly gave the legs a good work out and a deep-clean of the lungs.

The *interesting* bit was when we were cycling down one of the lanes we often cycle along: car parked at side of road. As we approach, pootling along, the lady in the passenger seat looked out at us and gave a surprised expression. Next thing, a man's head pops up *from* the front passenger seat - it's the driver - and he's looking, err, *flushed* Poor lambs - they thought they were on a quiet country lane, undisturbed, when two ladies go cycling by... Rural Norfolk: hot bed of depravity! :wacko:;)xx(

bottlemsher

Über Member
Hi all
I've just got back from doing 30miles
I didn't get to see the mating habits of the local wildlife
all I saw were pot holes and frozen slush
The part of Norfolk where you ride Wafflycat must be
fun at night
My area of the county is to quiet at night but the wife
won't let change that

wafflycat

I tell you, bottlemsher, never seen anything like that on a night ride (and lord knows, I've looked... kidding!) this was in the middle of the day! I was shocked, I say, shocked! :biggrin:

hambones

65 miles this morning around hilly Herts. The best part was that the wind seemed behind us most of the way! The lightweights couldn't hack the wind coming back so I was shoved up the front to act as a huge windbreak! :biggrin::biggrin: 3800ft of climbing, 17mph average

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Did a quick hilly hour's ride. Very gusty on the edge of Derbyshire in the hills - strong headwind wasn't a problem, but the gusts were - getting knocked all over ... nice to be out on the best bike in the dry though.

trio25

Über Member
Went out on the mtb and did 32miles, at some points I was pedalling just to keep going downhill it was so windy!

OP
OP
W

wherryman

Thats tame wafflycat, I had the misfortune to see two men in a car "adjusting" themselves just south of Norwich on a very quiet lane... these farmers eh ?

Top Bottom