Victim of a hit & run this morning on Embankment, London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martinclive

Über Member
+1 to all of the above

As wider point - we all make mistakes - just so sad in society these days that the hardest thing to do seems to be to say sorry and admit you were wrong - I guess if she had stopped and helped and been apologetic - she would have ended up with a few quid bill for bike repairs - this way she will (hopefully and deservedly) get some points and a fine - just stupid stupid stupid

Glad your ok - that's the main thing.
As others have said write down your account ASAP and get checked over by a doctor ASAP - If she didn't drive straight to the police station to report the incident, then your evidence and your actions (or lack of) could really count in her favor - not fair, but that's the way it is. Good luck - sounds horrible!

Sad state of society.

Either she:

1) Is not insured or has something to hide
2) Panicked and thinks that by driving away it will all magically go away

You've got 5 witnesses though so that's a good start even if 1 or 2 of them decide to be flakey/can't be bothered.

Davidsw8

Well after 6 years of commuting I had my first nasty accident this morning.

In an ASL going Westbound direction on Embankment by Temple Place just after 8am, lights go green and I set off, next thing I know there was a loud bang and I was on the road under my bike with an Audi convertible hovering over me!
I won't go into loads of detail but the woman driving tried to reverse and drive off but I stood in front of her and asked witnesses to get details of the car, which they duly did. When I said I was calling the police she said she would pull over to let traffic by, as soon as I stepped aside she put her foot down and sped off!! She even had a 10/11 year old daughter in the car who looked extremely upset and shocked - totally unbelievable.
I have 5 witnesses who were totally shocked by her driving and behaviour, so hopefully the police will actually track her down and prosecute.

I'm ok, I think, just very shaken up (even after 5 hours) and quite bruised, need to get the bike checked over though!

I hope you're ok! Wow, that is inexusable! Did you get her car reg? If not, there should be enough CCTV along that stretch which you can hopefully get hold of.

I'm assuming you didn't have a cam?

Besides idiots like that, that's quite a stretch of road. I had to use it over the Olympics last year and there's a set of Boris bikes by Embankment tube where the cyclist has to pull the bike in to the cycle lane to free it from the dock!

Anyway, let us know what happens!

OP
OP
Flyingfox

Flyingfox

Thanks all, have just got myself checked out at Barts and all ok except for bruising but still very much in shock according to nurse. Have contacted witnesses to ask them to make notes of what happened.
Just hope they do prosecute & the little girl is ok, not good to be part of a hit & run!

Dmcd33

This is my worst nightmare. Hope your Ok and not too shaken up. She must have something to hide i.e partners car and not insured
:bicycle:

Hip Priest

Veteran
Thanks all, have just got myself checked out at Barts and all ok except for bruising but still very much in shock according to nurse. Have contacted witnesses to ask them to make notes of what happened.
Just hope they do prosecute & the little girl is ok, not good to be part of a hit & run!

I'm not surprised you're still in shock. Treat yourself to a glass or two of something you fancy and talk it over with a friend or partner.

That's what worked for me when I almost got wiped out the other week.

subaqua

What’s the point
that is terrible. whats really annoying is that from mid morning there has been operation cubos on embankment stopping drivers for no insurance etc.

Top Bottom