Victim of a hit & run this morning on Embankment, London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
A starter for 10? and there's lot more out there.

My last company car was an Audi A8

That article reads like the worst kind of sunday paper magazine pseudo-science masquerading as fact and does actually hint at a much more likely truth towards the end of the article where they point out the Toyota Prius drivers are far and away the worst offenders in the ped crossing test. The lack of empathy towards other people around them is more likely to be down to a falsely inflated personal sense of importance and righteousness rather than a side effect of the car they drive.

Getting back to the OPs situation, I would expect hit and run incidents to be a fairly evenly spread activity across the social spectrum, t*ssers are t*ssers regardless of their financial circumstances.

Do I sound like I'm being the peanut you're suggesting I'm acting like?
I'm not even sure I understand what that sentence is supposed to mean. However, you do sound like the sort of confrontational, argumentative individual that I would cross the road to avoid.

jarlrmai

Veteran
I reckon drunk, she made the decision that leaving the scene was a better deal than drink driving.

nilling

Über Member
Jeez, how's the bike? :bicycle:

When I had my collision took me a year to get a pay out and the police just called it an "insurance" job :sad:

OP
OP
Flyingfox

Flyingfox

I'm still waiting for a police officer to contact me! Through someone I know I have been told that it has been assigned to someone and listed as a priority, apparently the CRN denotes a Hit & Run, so hopefully they will contact me tomorrow. I asked my witnesses to make notes whilst it was fresh in t heir minds, which they said they would do - one is a lawyer!
Just need to get the bike checked out as it looks ok but the wheels could be out of alignment, I was also told I should get a new helmet, even though I have no idea whether I hit my head or not - all a bit of a blur. I will keep you posted on any developements.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Us lawyers do come in handy for some things, and in many cities you couldn't throw a stick down a street in rush hour without hitting a solicitor or two !

I do realise that come the revolution we will all be put up against the wall, nevertheless.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Good news there flying fox. All moving in the right direction. Don't expect anything fast.

I expect the Police will get their evidence and then go visiting, driver will think they got away with it for a few days, then bam.

This must get to work mentality is crazy. She will pay for it

Glow worm

Legendary Member
I'm still waiting for a police officer to contact me! Through someone I know I have been told that it has been assigned to someone and listed as a priority, apparently the CRN denotes a Hit & Run, so hopefully they will contact me tomorrow. I asked my witnesses to make notes whilst it was fresh in t heir minds, which they said they would do - one is a lawyer!

Good that your witnesses are supportive. When I was knocked off by an imbecile driver last year, I only had one witness, who seemed very supportive at the time but then went very quiet and ultimately failed to provide a statement at all in the end.

All the v. best and hope you get sorted sharpish. Keep the pressure on, and don't let these scum get away with it.

Top Bottom