Video clips into Powerpoint

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobg

Über Member
Anyone done it successfully...any advice welcome please.
My lad's been trying to extract a clip from a DVD and insert it into Powerpoint for a college presentation but its harder than it looks. He also has the option of using a U tube clip but cant do that either:sad:

You'll have to convert the footage from the DVD into some kind of file that windows will play. I've done it years ago and made the files into MPEG1. I'm sure you will be able to use something that has better quality now. I would have thought that a Windows Media File would suffice. Keep in mind that you have to store the media file onto the computer that you are using and then relink the media to the powerpoint presentation. If he's doing it on a laptop and showing the presentation from this, then that would be easier.

simonali

Guru
www.slysoft.com . Download AnyDVD and DVD Clone Mobile. These have a 21 day trial licence which should suffice.

They'll only do a disc by chapters, though, so if you need to make it smaller than that you'll have to find a WMV editor.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
With sound (and presumably with vid too) link the clip by inserting it, but make sure the clip file is in the same directory as the presentation file. This goes for portable media too (e. memory stick)

Top Bottom