video: I'm the Invisible Man!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
<sarcasm> One of my favourite bits of road on the way into work </sarcasm>.... lights change and off we go, two lanes merge into one for a short stretch (take Primary at speed and merge from the left lane into the traffic), then back to two lanes with the RH one for traffic turning right, LH one for straight on.... which is the way most people are heading.

Clearly when I'm doing the same speed as the traffic in front it's the perfect time to overtake... no? :smile:

Especially when the traffic ahead is stopping at the lights... perfect! :laugh:

Can't see how I can approach this bit any differently, there's always one idiot prepared to go that bit extra to prove their incompetence! ;)

gouldina

You must have donned the Hi-Viz luminous jacket of invisibility.

NigC

It's the "I really must overtake the cyclist no matter how fast they're going or what the road conditions ahead are like" mentallity that seems to be a common fault in a lot of drivers.

Bristol Dave

I assume he assumed you would nip up the inside of the traffic. All cyclists are inconsiderate nutters who thrive on danger after all.

BD

400bhp

Guru
Told you - you're brave going that way :laugh:

Ever thought of going through Chorlton & through Sale Water Park?

400bhp

Guru
Just watched some of your vids - liking them:laugh: I'm hoping to spot a neighbour's vehicle on there so i can show it to her -worst driver i have come across.

OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
400bhp said:
Told you - you're brave going that way :tongue:

Ever thought of going through Chorlton & through Sale Water Park?
Through Sale Water Park??? Nope, never thought of that way - sounds like the P*ncture Fairy's wet dream!! :laugh:

My route isn't usually too bad, I'm fairly assertive in claiming my road space and am usually given enough room... but there's always the odd one or two! Still, at least my YouTube channel is filling up nicely. :biggrin:

OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
400bhp said:
Just watched some of your vids - liking them:laugh: I'm hoping to spot a neighbour's vehicle on there so i can show it to her -worst driver i have come across.
Have you searched for her Reg plate on YouTube... most of us "vigilante cyclist" sorts put it in the tags (I usually put it in the title too) :laugh:.

Bman

Guru
400bhp said:

Do a search on her number plate, you never know! :laugh:

Edit: Sharky beat me to it :tongue:

400bhp

Guru
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Through Sale Water Park??? Nope, never thought of that way - sounds like the P*ncture Fairy's wet dream!! :laugh:

My route isn't usually too bad, I'm fairly assertive in claiming my road space and am usually given enough room... but there's always the odd one or two! Still, at least my YouTube channel is filling up nicely. :tongue:

Don't know where you go to/from but you end up only going down a very short cinder track (perhaps 250m) though sale water park.
Potential route;;
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...3.438327,-2.306957&spn=0.015236,0.045276&z=15

OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
400bhp said:
Don't know where you go to/from but you end up only going down a very short cinder track (perhaps 250m) though sale water park.
Presuming that that was your route you posted, you're very close to me in Urmston - I'm up just off Crofts Bank Road and start my journey along Canterbury Road.

Do you avoid the main drag on purpose for a longer route, or just because of the area/traffic?

I used to meet up with another forum member in Urmston* and we'd cycle in together via Didsbury (ish) in the Summer to extend the route to 10 miles, or via Chorlton for a slightly shorter extension to about 8 miles from the usual 6 miles (for me).

* The selfish b*stard has gone and got himself a new, more enjoyable, better paid job and no longer commutes to Manchester though. :smile::angry: :smile:;)

400bhp

Guru
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Presuming that that was your route you posted, you're very close to me in Urmston - I'm up just off Crofts Bank Road and start my journey along Canterbury Road.
No, I'm in Timperley but I had read you lived in Urmston so posted a route to the centre via the water park.

I have cycled your route back (followed by the A56) on a couple of occasions and just find it far too busy/noisy.:smile:

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
so who's gonna be the first to post a you tube montage of all the best/worst incidents with the queen song "The Invisible Man" as a soundtrack ????

potsy

Rambler
400bhp said:
No, I'm in Timperley but I had read you lived in Urmston so posted a route to the centre via the water park.

I have cycled your route back (followed by the A56) on a couple of occasions and just find it far too busy/noisy.:becool:
Was on the A56 last Sunday dinner time,what a horrible road to cycle down,must be a nightmare in rush hour:sad:
Sharky can you give us a little maggers style wave on your next vid please:biggrin:

Top Bottom