Video Quiz

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Bollo said:
As for the school run, this evening was like a motorised insane asylum. The parking just ran out, so the drivers were just parking up the pavement, forcing all the walking parents and kids first out to walk on the road.

You've probably tried this but....

I got no help from the council with a similar situation "Oh its a complex situation, we have to be careful, blah blah blah". No it isn't, why put down yellow lines if you're not going to enforce them?

After that I got onto the local police community team. Gave them the shpiel (sp?) "parent of kids at the school", "afraid for safety of wife and kids" etc etc. Now the council had taken responsibility for yellow lines, but the coppers could still come out to enforce obstruction of the pavement. They were out 2 days later, handing out £30 tickets.

I was popular with some parents!:biggrin::evil:

Council did turn up to hand out £60 tickets a month or 2 later. Problem was it took a 2 year old being hospitalised to prompt that:angry:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Bollo said:
As for the school run, this evening was like a motorised insane asylum. The parking just ran out, so the drivers were just parking up the pavement, forcing all the walking parents and kids first out to walk on the road.

In this situation I would encourage the youngest innocentest looking kiddies to ressurect the old sport of running along trailing a stick along things like railings to make a nice brrrrrrrr noise. Of course, they'd have to trail their sticks along the cars parked on the pavement. And their sticks, by a bizarre coincidence, would all be fitted with the business end of a garden rake.:biggrin:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Bollo said:
Would you believe this is just outside Bollo Jr's school gates, and this is just the start of the afternoon school run?

I also live very close to the school so I get the 'full benefit' of the traffic. Despite constant appeals from the school and our residents' association for more considerate parking and safer driving, the morning and evening runs are frightening.

Typical school run behavior, no interest in what is happening on the road in front, only concern is with the brat in the back seat. Sort of parent who won't let their child walk or cycle to school as it is to dangerous on the roads...

Top Bottom