Vikes New (to me) bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Massi.jpg

Massi A-Carbon, Mines got a few scratches and has a double front instead of a tripple, but rides lovely and is the first modern bike (Post 1990) I've owned... Now I can do hills!

Looks nice :becool:

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Nice bike, very nice

BUT....HOW MANY SPACERS ? I thought 20/30mm was thought to be a safe limit ?

Massi.jpg

Massi A-Carbon, Mines got a few scratches and has a double front instead of a tripple, but rides lovely and is the first modern bike (Post 1990) I've owned... Now I can do hills!

Zoiders

Trek had issues with expanding top cap bungs splitting some carbon steerer's if too much was running above the stem but that's no reason not to run as many spacers as you like under the stem if there is the steerer length to do so.

TBH I don't if there are any limits or not, but to me it spoils the bike being stacked like that, so it's simply an aesthetics issue as far as I'm concerned.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
There is sometimes a max spacer height stated in the manufacturers manual, Cannondale's manual certainly has a comment re this somewhere, I read it just the other day.

brockers

Campag seatpost on an otherwise Shimano set-up? What were you thinking?!! Seriously, that's actually a nice-looking bike. Like others have opined, it's a pity you can't get a bit lower in the bars so that you can drop the stem down (and cut the steerer tube), for aesthetics. Maybe some hamstring stretches if your lower back is up to it?! Apart from that, it seems nicely set-up, esp the saddle position. Good to see a lesser known manufacturer's stickers on the frame. Makes a bloody change...

I think you might realise though, especially over time, being able to do hills is more to do with riding up them lots!

Top Bottom