Viking All Rounder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Bumped into this yesterday and wondered if anyone has any Info about it's age etc

WP_20180628_11_23_51_Pro.jpg

It has brakes badged as "GB" and a lovely metal head badge

Attached some close ups WP_20180628_11_23_57_Pro.jpg WP_20180628_11_24_37_Pro.jpg WP_20180628_11_35_17_Pro.jpg

It's for sale in Stoke on Trent but I have no idea about price or value

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Here's a little history: http://www.classicrendezvous.com/British_isles/Viking/Viking.htm
I'd say the bike is about sixties onwards but I've never seen a bike with the changer on the top tube like that. Looks like a few parts have been changed over the years. Value wouldn't be a lot so an opportunity to grab it for a low price. Looks in reasonable condition for its age.

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Bumped into this yesterday and wondered if anyone has any Info about it's age etc

View attachment 416854

It has brakes badged as "GB" and a lovely metal head badge

Attached some close ups View attachment 416855 View attachment 416856 View attachment 416857

It's for sale in Stoke on Trent but I have no idea about price or value

if i had bumped into that yesterday or today i think i would have been very interested as for value always hard to say but settle on a price that both you and seller are happy with

OP
OP
FishFright

FishFright

More wheels than sense
if i had bumped into that yesterday or today i think i would have been very interested as for value always hard to say but settle on a price that both you and seller are happy with

I've not bought it , though I am tempted.

It's just arrived at and hadn't been touch yet . Ayudante Bicycle Project in Stoke on Trent 01782 311883 if you're interested or anyone else actually

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Just seen a very nice Viking on Gumtree for little money, looks like one of the better models with Campag RD, hubs, Stronglight chainset and Brooks saddle. All the way down in Cornshire though: https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/vintage-viking-racer/1304311255

avecReynolds531

Veteran
I like the Viking a lot - great character & colours - with that head tube & matching seat tube panel.

I had a mid 70s 5 speed Peugeot roadster with a gear lever on the top tube like that. It was less distance to travel than to the down tube.

Top Bottom