Viking San Marino £290 ebay good value??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

as fossyant says with the wheels removed, possibly the saddle also it'll fit in any car.
certainly with the handlebars/forks removed, but you probably wont' need to do that.
fold the seats down and you'll probably only have to take the wheels off to get it in.

lordjenks said:
i have been there but the cheapest bike they ahve got for me is a giant defy 4 at 450, a bit too much for what i wanted to pay really, they only deal in giants and kube. thx

Yeah, but:-

If you buy a bike from Pete, it'll come with a warranty
If you buy a bike from Pete, it'll get a first service
If you buy a bike from Pete, it'll come properly set up
If you buy a bike from Pete, it'll fit you properly

Honestly, it's worth saving up a bit more and getting something you won't have to sell for a tenner at a car boot sale in a year after you've broke it.

I don't work for Cyclezone, and other bike shops exist in Reading. But it's a good shop, and if I wanted a new bike, that's where I'd go

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
The Allez Steve Austin refers to on Singletrack classifieds looks worth checking out - for only £50 more you are in a different class altogether.

Mortiroloboy

youngoldbloke said:
The Allez Steve Austin refers to on Singletrack classifieds looks worth checking out - for only £50 more you are in a different class altogether.

Oh yes, I have fond memories of my Spesh Allez, actually I would venture that you cannot actually get a better bike for the money at that price point.

Gotte

I've got a couple of Decathlon B.twin road bikes, a sport 3 and and older 7.1, and I have to say both are excellent. They spec them really well for the price, and they ride like a dream. If you take up the free service in the first 3 months, you get a 5 year frame warranty, as well.

Another thing is, if you can hit a sale you can often get a chunk of money off. My Sport 3 was retailing at £450, and I got mine right at the end of the sale (early Feb) for £325. For that I got a bike with alu frame with carbon seat and chainstays and carbon fork. Where else could you get a bike like that for the price?

OP
OP
L

lordjenks

hello, went onto the singletrack sales, first page a SPECIALIZED TRI CROSS S/S 56CM!! only wanting 300 ish pounds for it!! brand new, thank you very much all you guys im taking all your advice and i will ring banjo cycles tomorrw to see hwat they have:> thx very much am im still looking:>

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
A work colegue of mine has a viking and to be honest it is not up to much and he has had nothing but problems with it from day 1.

A good make 2nd hand is certainly the way forward and it is what I have done for my 2 bikes

OP
OP
L

lordjenks

sorry ot ask so much advice, another bike form cycletrack a 08' specialized allez Int'l 56cm for around 350 ono, how do the two bikes compare, allez and the tircross?? thx:smile:

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
the tricross is a cyclocross bike. and that one only has one gear if you hadn't noticed.

the allez is a everyday roadbike. Its like what you were looking at but a lot better

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
lordjenks said:
sorry ot ask so much advice, another bike form cycletrack a 08' specialized allez Int'l 56cm for around 350 ono, how do the two bikes compare, allez and the tircross?? thx:smile:

Allez is a good bike, but 56cm sounds too big for a 5' 9" er, that's my height and I ride about a 53 Giant.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
They have sold out of 54's at the Surrey Quays store (last one went last weekend). Shame because I had been seriously considering getting one.

Just checked the site and it seems they are back in - now all I need is to get my hands on the ££!

Top Bottom