Viner stellar special professional

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
The frames were sold here in the UK, cost more than a Raleigh 753 lol

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Ahhh! go on- go on !
Nah, Brommy with loads of gears is next on the list but I don't have the money to spare right now. Might do soon though....

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
I'd take the SBDU Raleigh over anything, the craftsmen at Worksop were top-notch and only the very best went on to build at the SBDU factory.
At least 3 other people agree with you the 753 frame currently stands at £390 plus delivery !
The great thing about all this is that we can discuss the pros and cons of beautiful steel bikes from the very best makers and they still cost a fraction of the price of even a mid range modern CF machine.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
At least 3 other people agree with you the 753 frame currently stands at £390 plus delivery !
The great thing about all this is that we can discuss the pros and cons of beautiful steel bikes from the very best makers and they still cost a fraction of the price of even a mid range modern CF machine.
Have a quick peer at some of these prices for 'Craftsman Built' bikes from Derby.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...ycles.co.uk/&usg=AOvVaw2laVZa_G5mHe1NaTojJAW-

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
A quick peer my foot...l've been transfixed for the last hour and a half :smile: lovely stuff and at around £2500 for bikes built by hand in the UK compares reasonably well with carbon fibre produced in the far east for goodness knows what money !

raleighnut

Legendary Member
A quick peer my foot...l've been transfixed for the last hour and a half :smile: lovely stuff and at around £2500 for bikes built by hand in the UK compares reasonably well with carbon fibre produced in the far east for goodness knows what money !
You missed out the expensive bikes then. ^_^

Prior to my accident I was about to pull the pin on an Audax Special frame in 753 for around a grand (about £1,200 now depending on options/braze ons) their 'top of the range' with Di2/Campagnolo Record was £4,000 then (that's a stainless 953 frame)

All the rest of the bits needed for the build are either in my shed or currently bolted to one of my other bikes and would have been swapped to the new frame.

Top Bottom