Viner stellar special professional

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
You missed out the expensive bikes then. ^_^

Prior to my accident I was about to pull the pin on an Audax Special frame in 753 for around a grand (about £1,200 now depending on options/braze ons) their 'top of the range' with Di2/Campagnolo Record was £4,000 then (that's a stainless 953 frame)

All the rest of the bits needed for the build are either in my shed or currently bolted to one of my other bikes and would have been swapped to the new frame.
I didn't know about your accident sorry, l guess looking at all those beautiful but pricy bikes puts everything into a sort of perspective ( l get the jitters if l spend more than €500 ). On the other hand as time flies by l think what the hell ...how long do l expect to live/ride bikes and drink red wine? l better get my finger out and buy and enjoy great bicycles ^_^ Oops l didn't mean ride bikes and drink wine at the same time !!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I didn't know about your accident sorry, l guess looking at all those beautiful but pricy bikes puts everything into a sort of perspective ( l get the jitters if l spend more than €500 ). On the other hand as time flies by l think what the hell ...how long do l expect to live/ride bikes and drink red wine? l better get my finger out and buy and enjoy great bicycles ^_^ Oops l didn't mean ride bikes and drink wine at the same time !!
Luckily I'd still got the cash in the bank, it paid for the Trike and the electric front wheel kit. :cycle:

wonderdog

A quick peer my foot...l've been transfixed for the last hour and a half :smile: lovely stuff and at around £2500 for bikes built by hand in the UK compares reasonably well with carbon fibre produced in the far east for goodness knows what money !
While on the subject of bespoke cycles, I like the look of this crowd's stuff - https://www.instagram.com/feathercycles/?hl=en
From the other side of the world, I tend to associate the work of artisans with brass bands. Am I generalising??

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
While on the subject of bespoke cycles, I like the look of this crowd's stuff - https://www.instagram.com/feathercycles/?hl=en
From the other side of the world, I tend to associate the work of artisans with brass bands. Am I generalising??
And l learnt about them from you on the other side of the world....life is full of surprises ! Love the workmanship not to say artistry of their bikes.
If they were into brass bands l bet they would make some awesome instruments !

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
I have never been able to make up my mind and then stick unswervingly to the decision......its all Booze and cakes' fault with his super self builds !
I have just seen this and lm imagining how nice it would look in my workshop :smile: and then l could have hours of pleasure looking for bits.
The Viner meanwhile would have to be sacrificed:sad:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chesini-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Top Bottom