Vintage Bianchi roadbike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PHL67

Veteran
IMG_2857.JPG
IMG_2858.JPG
IMG_2859.JPG
IMG_2860.JPG
IMG_2861.JPG
IMG_2862.JPG
IMG_2864.JPG
IMG_2866.JPG
IMG_2867.JPG
Please see attached pictures for completed Bianchi roadbike.
Been trying to discover the model and year but had no results to date.
Any assistance appreciated.
Bike has full 105 groupset fitted inc wheel hubs on Araya rims with Maxis detonator tyres.
ITM fluted seatpost
Cinelli bars and stem.
105 pedals.

midlife

Guru
Doesn't ring a bell, first thought was a veloce but not one of them

The downtube decals are on back to front I think, maybe it's just dressed as a Bianchi? Colour is not celeste?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
This is an odd one. From the components it would seem to be late nineties but unless it’s been kept in cotton wool since the paint would indicate a respray which would account for the off colour as @midlife suggests. No tubing sticker. Looks very nice.
Here is my Bianchi from about the same period, maybe a bit earlier. It was made for the German market.

3E48A71B-7428-4A77-828D-412DB1BAB9DA.jpeg

OP
OP
PHL67

PHL67

Veteran
Doesn't ring a bell, first thought was a veloce but not one of them

The downtube decals are on back to front I think, maybe it's just dressed as a Bianchi? Colour is not celeste?
Frame is a Bianchi and has been repainted.
Transfers are as per originals on frame when received.
Frame has serial number stamped into headtubing
105 group set was one I had on shelf.
Did not want to put bits and pieces on it.
Just been trying to identify.

midlife

Guru
Cracking job at sorting it out :smile:. I have looked at several websites/catalogues but can't see a match for yours. Like Raleigh they seemed to do a fair number of models lol do you see what I mean about the downtube decals.

OP
OP
PHL67

PHL67

Veteran
Cracking job at sorting it out :smile:. I have looked at several websites/catalogues but can't see a match for yours. Like Raleigh they seemed to do a fair number of models lol do you see what I mean about the downtube decals.
Yes see what you mean.
The way I see it is if it was the same as all the others it would not catch the eye.
Also if it gets stolen the Decals are easily identified in addition to serial number. Especially if that is removed.
Someone who does not know about these( a lot do not for your average cycle thief) then these could be left as is rather than repainted whole thing, cheaper to blow in headset.

Top Bottom