Vintage Bianchi SLX

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I wonder why someone painted them in the first place? It's not like it was done to cover up really bad chrome. That I could understand, but not a nice set of chromed forks.
Friend of mine has a Colnago Master frame in a yellowy/gold hue with fully chromed forks and I'm rather envious of it.

OP
OP
PHL67

PHL67

Veteran
I wonder why someone painted them in the first place? It's not like it was done to cover up really bad chrome. That I could understand, but not a nice set of chromed forks.
Friend of mine has a Colnago Master frame in a yellowy/gold hue with fully chromed forks and I'm rather envious of it.
You have to love a nice set of chrome forks.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
You have to love a nice set of chrome forks.

Yes you do, but they have to be on the right kind of bike. One at the sportier end of the spectrum. A little bling there is justifiable. Not on a BSO MTB though. Or even an understated tourer. The half-chrome forks on my Royal look fine, but full chrome would be too bling, too showy. Not what a tourer is all about.

OP
OP
PHL67

PHL67

Veteran
Yes you do, but they have to be on the right kind of bike. One at the sportier end of the spectrum. A little bling there is justifiable. Not on a BSO MTB though. Or even an understated tourer. The half-chrome forks on my Royal look fine, but full chrome would be too bling, too showy. Not what a tourer is all about.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Looks great.

I specified chrome rear triangle and forks on my race bike as it would be transported in and out of a car etc. Proved to be the right choice as it's lovely 30 years later.

Just get some chrome polish on it and it will come up a treat.

Top Bottom