Vintage Francesco Moser

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PHL67

Veteran
Finished building my Francesco Moser.
56cm frame
Full Campagnolo groupset.
Mavic CX14 rims on Campagnolo hubs.
Running 700x 20 tyres.
Nice light bike built with Columbus tubing.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
That is seriously nice :becool:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Running 700x 20 tyres.

20mm :eek: Rather you than me. They'll rattle your fillings! :laugh: And there's me that considers 28's to be skinny tyres, and as narrow as I will personally go. Is the fork crown very tight on height clearance? The rest of the frame doesn't look that tight.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Maybe that's why old-school racers would sometimes fill their bidons with somewhat stronger liquor than water? To dull the knee pain when really going for it.

700x20^_^
42x18 (or at best 21)^_^

I bet on a rolling road with a good surface it is an absolute joy.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Maybe that's why old-school racers would sometimes fill their bidons with somewhat stronger liquor than water? To dull the knee pain when really going for it.
At a guess I'd say that was built for time trials. A straight through block was the norm in the days when a hump back Bridge was enough to have a course described as "Sporting".

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
What age do you think it is, early-mid 1980's possibly?
It's certainly not typical of most of the "racers" I used to see around when I was younger.
A lot of them resembled tourers stripped of their racks and mudguards; i.e. fairly long wheelbase jobs with a fair bit of clearance even with the common 27" x 1 1/8" or 1 1/4" tyres fitted.

Top Bottom