Vintage HI Fi. Anyone else in to it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Is the truth. I was thinking that only this morning. I'm not proud, let alone bragging, but my ears sadly took some abuse in my teens & 20s and I'm probably now paying the price.

Mine too but good hifi still sounds miles better than standard stuff .
 

Elybazza61

Legendary Member
Hope you were cryo treating them too?

Never did anything TBH, got my Naim Nait serviced by Class A but will be looking in to diy-ing my Arcam D60 to use as a tv amp; used to work for Arcam when they came out so know how they come apart (and go back together!) and competent enough with a soldering iron.
 

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
No argument whatsoever.
But when enthusiasts claim that replacing an old (working) capacitor with a new one to improve sound quality then I'm claiming snake oil.

it's like anything with an enthusiastic following; cycling, fishing, golf... there's a lot of bull and snake oil that enthusiasts are more than willing to swallow and regurgitate.
 

VinSumRox

Über Member
Location
Scottish Borders
My Tannoy Devons are going to need the foam speaker surround replacing soon (2nd time, reconed them in early 90s) . Have to decide whether to do it myself or send them away to be done.
 
Top Bottom