Vintage Holdsworth - can you help ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
R

Rimmer

Oh well - after all this research I lost the bike. Maybe one of you noticed it was on eBay and took a punt (c'mon own up :smile:). I didn't want to elude to the fact it was on eBay to minimise my competition - but the bike itself was in a charity shop just down the road from me.

Nevermind ... other opportunities will present themselves.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Sometimes it pays to be quick other times not ^_^

OP
OP
R

Rimmer

You must have an impressive list of vintage bikes there Biggs - anyway onto another chapter (I will start a new thread) about a Raleigh Chiltern ladies bike - not as prestigious as a Holdsworth I know but - this one is is good nick. I may keep for the wife or I may pass it on (I already own this one as a very recent purchase).

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Its the only 30+ year old bike in the UK that biggs doesnt own!

Not got as many as i use to have

You must have an impressive list of vintage bikes there Biggs - anyway onto another chapter (I will start a new thread) about a Raleigh Chiltern ladies bike - not as prestigious as a Holdsworth I know but - this one is is good nick. I may keep for the wife or I may pass it on (I already own this one as a very recent purchase).

Yes there's quite a nice selection of older steel bikes in my garage ^_^

Jim Cardiff

I'm no expert but I have a 1983 Holdsworth Special - Does that help? As you'll see, mine doesn't have an embossed head badge and the cable guides are different . The frame was originally white. It's a lovely ride. Also see brochure extract below

Attachments

• IMG_1481.JPG
    IMG_1481.JPG
    318.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Holdsworth.jpg
    Holdsworth.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 13

Jim Cardiff

I'm no expert but I have a 1983 Holdsworth Special - Does that help? As you'll see, mine doesn't have an embossed head badge and the cable guides are different . The frame was originally white. It's a lovely ride. Also see brochure extract below
I should have engaged my brain fully before posting. Mine's a 1981 frame, not 1983. Also, I now remember that when I had the frame sprayed, I had the rear mech cable guide moved from over the bb to under, hence the lack of guides on the upper surface of the chain stay as featured on your frame. The top tube guides are original however.

OP
OP
R

Rimmer

I like the look of that bike !

OP
OP
R

Rimmer

Looks like the buyer has backed out of buying that bike I started this thread with ... so I am in for the running once again !

Top Bottom