Vintage steel for my daughter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rebel Ian

I wish you hadn't shown me that there were bikes out there as beautiful as that available for less than fifty quid. My garage won't be able to cope!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Lucky girl !

cathbot

Lovely bike - well done for finding it, and I hope your daughter is v happy!

I picked up a 1980s Coventry Eagle women's bike for £40 this summer - was only buying it as a cheapie to get in and out of work without having to worry about it getting nicked, but having cleaned it up (serious business) and some servicing, I absolutely love it. Nice handling, beautifully light - no one better steal it!

And from everything I read, the earlier Coventry Eagles were even better. I love the front badge - mine is a just a decal :sad:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
my 13 year old daughter has just got a 1980s raleigh rhapsody from ebay for £46. nice tidy mixte frame.

similar to this:

493278365_tp.jpg

looks like the ladies are preferring old steel bikes to the cluttered atb bikes of today…

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
What a stunner, I love my Spesh & GT...But deep at heart i'm an old school girly.
We have a couple of gorgeous old frames at the Project, that i'm searching for the right parts to restore them bcak to their former glory!

astrocan

Veteran
I sold my wifes mixty framed Raleigh on fleabay for £25.
It was meant to be part of a garage clear out but she has had it for too long to let it go so I had to back out of the sale for the sake of domestic harmony. Not long after I found an almost identical bike in the second hand section of my LBS. £40 lighter, I have everything that I need to put the original back on the road and a tidy, straight mixty frame to sell at the end of it. All I need to do now is complete the garage clear out project so I have the space.

Chris-H

Über Member
What a lovely looking bike,the ebay pics did'nt do it justice in my eyes,last summer i got my 17 year old Daughter a Saracen town bike,700 wheels full shimano groupset,a very good quality bike and went like the wind,she now rides a full sus mountain bike because apparently it looks cooler,even though she moans its a lot slower :wacko:

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Just caught this thread - love it! The classic colour scheme is just so retro - the Club Specials are very, very nice.

One of my neighbours has bought himself a hybrid as he finds his Road Bike to uncomfortable to ride (now that he's getting on a bit) he used to be quite a serious time trialler and whilst i was out on the drive washing the car he came over and offered me his old road bike for £50 .. i dont know much about road bikes but this one is a Nigel Dean in reynolds 531 .. apparently Nigel Dean was a pro rider

IMG_0283.jpg

It needs abit of TLC but for £50 i thought i'd have it and do it up a bit over the winter as a project bike and to keep me out of Mrs Muddyfox's way on these dark evenings :ohmy:

Simon

Top Bottom