Vintage steel for my daughter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
A couple of weeks ago my 17 year old daughter said to me 'Daddy,' (so I knew she wanted something!) 'I want a nice bike.' She has a mountain bike that has had very little use but what she actually wanted was a vintage bike.
A search of Ebay found a few she liked that were close enough to collect and a last moment bid won a 1970's Coventry Eagle. Picked it up on Saturday morning and with just a quick clean, check over, fettle and pump up the tyres it was ready to roll.

P1030011.jpg

P1030012.jpg

Xiorell

Über Member
I think that's pretty slick.

Keeping an eye out for a vintage road bike myself, for next project :smile:

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
she has good taste :becool:

beautiful bike :wub:

i've had to make my own vintage replica but i'll be looking out for something special like this :becool:

OP
OP
Mark Grant

Mark Grant

I was quite suprised at the condition when I picked it up. When I won the auction I was expecting to have to buy some new tyres and tubes at least but they are fine, I'll get some new brake blocks as I think the originals have got hard over the years.
From the Ebay pictures I couldn't really tell what colour the mudguards were or their condition but they are also really good.

P1030015.jpg

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Chuff, that's a lovely machine and a veritable bargain! Well done.

OP
OP
Mark Grant

Mark Grant

Thanks! She is.

She has already had a few compliments on the bike. She rode it to work & back today and after I fitted some lights she is out to meet friends this evening.
She will also use it for college in the fine weather.

Happy daughter = money well spent.

Top Bottom