Violent peeps! Fridays and Saturday in town

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
i think that there is more fighting now than when i was a teanger ,and younger, but that seemed to be because if someone swore at me back then i could punch them on the nose or ideed be slapped myself? i was more polite because it hurt not to be. at school if we had a fight we we made to put gloves on and have it in a ring,, i think that because there is little outlet for agresion nowdays it boils over at the wrong times? it would be nice to live in a non violent world but us humans arnt that evoled yet, maybe we have set the bar to high? an oppion only

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Many young men (I don't include my younger self here, btw) are 'prone' to fighting, perhaps in the absence of other outlets, or accepted 'rites of passage' that give them an accepted place in society. I also think that the 'feminisation' of schools (absence of male teachers, lack of competitive sports or opportunities to expend energy) coupled with the growing prevalence of absent fathers or poor role-model fathers has a lot to do with it.
If you disagree, I'll punch you on the nose.

OP
OP
Mozzy

Mozzy

[QUOTE 1591735"]
I think you are all missing the vital bit here. It's a male bonding experience as well. Taunton has quite a bit of trouble because of the presence of Norton Fitzwarren camp I guess. Certainly my mate who works in the Somerset 'riot unit' (or whatever they are called, they drive around in the big Police van sorting out trouble and doing drugs raids etc) reckons a large proportion of the people involved are sailors.

I was in the Airborne Brigade (7th Para) for a number of years, we used to fight all the time, didn't need much of a reason to do it either! It's tricky, we learned to fight as a unit, practised as a unit, relied on each other as a unit, and if someone had a go at anyone from our unit, we protected each other as a unit. With interesting results sometimes.

Soldiers learn to do this and civilians learn to do this.

Society has changed but unfortunately humans haven't. Fighting is just what we do I'm afraid. You may as well try and stop young men putting all their energy into getting laid. Nature, simple as.
[/quote]

Oddly 40 Commando at NF are really well behaved. Yes you do get the muppet who wishes to have a pop at the boys when they are back from active duty and more often than not they regret it! I actually think here in sleepy Somerset we are relatively 'out of it.' However, Bridgwater has always had a reputation for 'ard-nuts' and I suppose if we were ever invaded by whoever I'd be quite happy with a local BW mob with a handful of the Black hills from Wales thrown in for support. I say this from some degree of experience; many many years ago when I first came here, I was employed as a doorman for a couple of years (needed funds), and yes indeedy BW lads and the gaggle from those Black hills that visited was a sight to behold. Still, I question the why though and will continue to do so.

And no, despite a few slaps whilst being a doorman I did restrain from violence; settling on a firm hand to remove whoever. Peace bruvvers …peace. Make love not war
whistling.gif

Mozzy

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
drunken rucks of a weekend; surely an everyday story of country folk. Growing up in Crawley it was the norm, living in Kemptown Brighton mid-80's it was not the norm, thank goodness for the gay community, but not entirely unheard of, living in west- and mid-Wales late 80's early 90's it was the norm, here in Horsham it is the norm.

Some young men fight. Glad to say my son isn't one of them but then he doesn't take much after his father.

Top Bottom