Virgin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
HeyWayne

HeyWayne

MacB said:
Agreed, I even get a bit impatient if a web page doesn't ping up instantly:blush: Yet I used to sit there watching the screen chug down slowly on the dialup speeds.

That sounds much like us at the moment - but we're on 'wideband' allegedly.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
HeyWayne said:
That sounds much like us at the moment - but we're on 'wideband' allegedly.

I would say that we're in a core Virgin area so do have all the bells and whistles available. I don't pretend to understand the intricate variables Marin has highlighted.

The only time I notice any slow down now is if it's a large image file. but even this is only a pause rather than a return to dialup style.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
rikki said:
amusing juxtaposition of posts :thumbsup:

[sorry Fnaar, I'm not taking your job away]

Oh aye, it was painful! :sad::thumbsup:

.....Not as painful as simply turning up at the station and buying a ticket to travel on spec and then traveling Vermin Trains before they had finished all the track upgrades though.

Most things seem to be reasonably ok now ...and remember to book early .....or alternatively, be prepared to travel at some anti - social time when the seats are cheap (£12 single from Glasgow to London I have got several times on a train that arrived at Euston at about 1am.
But they have changed the pricing now, more is the pity.
Also you have to know what to ask for really as even the ticket staff don't appear to be aware of all the different types.

Meanwhile, through booking early, I have a single to London for £11 next month, and what's more, I arrive in the early evening this time!
One has to get the sleeper back though, although I still got a bargain berth).

I was hapy until recently when I got caught out by what I can only assume is purposefully "negative" pricing tactics. I originally had broadband and telephone for £20 a month which we had without any problems for three years. Decided to go for the TV as medium plus was included eurosport at £6 a month. At no point in the upgrade process was pricing mentioned other than the charge for the engineers visit which I didn't mind paying.

All got sorted and I found myself paying a huge amount more than I was previosuly. £20 a month for broadband on top of of my £12 a month telephone line rental. At no point during hte upgrade process was a price increase for the other services I had mentioned. I am blaming myself for not caling to confirm the prices before going ahead but I didn't find out until my bill came. When I called they explained the original tariff was a joining offer only available to new customers and by changing my package I invalidated that discount. I wasn't suprised to hear there were no deals available to me although I expect there will be when I giv enotice to cancel my contract at the end of the twelve months. No point kicking off at the person working at the call centre but I'm not pleased with Virgin for the sneaky way they go about this and even less happy with myself for not checking properly first.

Product actuallyworks with no problems, just double check what you are paying if you choose to change your product.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Ghost Donkey said:
Product actuallyworks with no problems, just double check what you are paying if you choose to change your product.

This is true, out Virgin Broadband is awesome, had it for 2 years and needed to call them two or three times in this period, thats when you start to really hate them! any level of contacting them and issue resolvement is shocking!

OP
OP
HeyWayne

HeyWayne

Well, the Virgin dude came round last night and it all sounds very good. No hard sell, which always goes down well in our house, no pressure. Pretty impressed.

The install service sounds good, the aftercare and so on sounds decent - time will tell I guess. Will get a call later today to confirm install date.

One thing the dude did say, is that we will get very near to the 10MB promised, if we don't then we can cancel - but to be honest (and they probably know this), it'll be massively better than what we currently get with BT, so we'll be happy.

So looking forward to a decent connection!

Tara BT.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
HeyWayne said:
Well, the Virgin dude came round last night and it all sounds very good. No hard sell, which always goes down well in our house, no pressure. Pretty impressed.

The install service sounds good, the aftercare and so on sounds decent - time will tell I guess. Will get a call later today to confirm install date.

One thing the dude did say, is that we will get very near to the 10MB promised, if we don't then we can cancel - but to be honest (and they probably know this), it'll be massively better than what we currently get with BT, so we'll be happy.

So looking forward to a decent connection!

Tara BT.

The after care sounds decent, but is not.

and since when did you start signing off Tara BT Wayne?

What happened to Many Ta's? :ohmy:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Wigsie said:
This is true, out Virgin Broadband is awesome, had it for 2 years and needed to call them two or three times in this period, thats when you start to really hate them! any level of contacting them and issue resolvement is shocking!

That's the same with most companies these days though isn't it - the level of customer service is generally appalling. By the time you've negotiated the phone system and given all your details to a computerised voice who reads everything back to you to confirm and then puts you through to a 'human' who can't access any of the information you've just spent ten minutes telling to friggin' HAL you're about ready to burst anyway ... and then, AND THEN...

AAAaaaarrrrghhh nurse, the screens...

OP
OP
HeyWayne

HeyWayne

Wigsie said:
The after care sounds decent, but is not.

and since when did you start signing off Tara BT Wayne?

What happened to Many Ta's? :ohmy:

Tara BT - as in, tata BT, goodbye BT, adios BT, auf weidersen BT, sayonara BT, au revoir BT, arrivederci BT and so on.

Top Bottom