Virgin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark_Robson

HeyWayne said:
Anyone had any experience?
Nope I'm still a virgin ;)

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
... if you've had experience, then you aren't one any more ;)

Do you mean airlines, internet, phones or space travel? :biggrin:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Virgin tv, broadband and phone - yes.
Virgin mobile - no
airlines - no
gyms - no
not currently a f1 driver so no on that one too.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
or TV/Internt or Cola type drink or Pensions or Formula 1, or the retails stores, or the record label or the trains. Blimey, anything else..

OP
OP
HeyWayne

HeyWayne

Fnaar said:
... if you've had experience, then you aren't one any more ;)

Do you mean airlines, internet, phones or space travel? :biggrin:

Space travel of course.

I knew the ambiguous title/topic would get a response, but that's a record as far as I'm concerned.

I'm talking wideband by the way.

We're with BT, and it's sh!te - 0.256MB download at best. It's painful, so we're making the switch.

marinyork

HeyWayne said:
Space travel of course.

I knew the ambiguous title/topic would get a response, but that's a record as far as I'm concerned.

I'm talking wideband by the way.

We're with BT, and it's sh!te - 0.256MB download at best. It's painful, so we're making the switch.

Off-net or on-net i.e. do you have little green boxes on the side of neighbour's houses and green boxes knocking around in the neighbourhood or not - cabled or not?

Non-cabled virgin is absolutely appalling.
Cabled, beyond traffic management cable is pretty good.

OP
OP
HeyWayne

HeyWayne

marinyork said:
Off-net or on-net i.e. do you have little green boxes on the side of neighbour's houses and green boxes knocking around in the neighbourhood or not - cabled or not?

Non-cabled virgin is absolutely appalling.
Cabled, beyond traffic management cable is pretty good.

No green boxes that I've noticed. Some odd looking little green men though.

According to the flyers we get every few days, our street is cabled up and we can get 'up to' 20MB. Though looking on the broadband speed checker website, it would appear folk are getting just under 3MB - which is a remarkable improvement over 0.256.

marinyork

HeyWayne said:

According to the flyers we get every few days, our street is cabled up and we can get 'up to' 20MB. Though looking on the broadband speed checker website, it would appear folk are getting just under 3MB - which is a remarkable improvement over 0.256.

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/?buspart=Portal_HP_topnav_1_1 checker here

it'll either say
You're not in a fibre optic area, but can still get our brilliant broadband down your phone line.

With Virgin Broadband you can get the fastest broadband we can deliver down your phone line, up to 20Mb. Then, you can simply add any extras you want, including home phone.

or

Great News! Because you're in a fibre optic cable area, you can get all this.

* Up to 50Mb broadband
* Over 165 digital TV channels (including Sky channels)
* Great value home phone packages

So help yourself to fibre optic broadband, the very best digital TV, and phone services.

The former is very bad news, the latter good news.

marinyork

HeyWayne said:

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/?buspart=Portal_HP_topnav_1_1 checker here

it'll either say
You're not in a fibre optic area, but can still get our brilliant broadband down your phone line.

With Virgin Broadband you can get the fastest broadband we can deliver down your phone line, up to 20Mb. Then, you can simply add any extras you want, including home phone.

or

Great News! Because you're in a fibre optic cable area, you can get all this.

* Up to 50Mb broadband
* Over 165 digital TV channels (including Sky channels)
* Great value home phone packages

So help yourself to fibre optic broadband, the very best digital TV, and phone services.

The former is very bad news, the latter good news. It's also theoretically possible you could be on one of the weird hybrid legacy areas but that isn't that likely.

Top Bottom