Virtual Reality turbo trainers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Restless Legs

I am torn between a Tacx and a Real Axiom.

Does anyone have any tips/experience/problems regarding which one to go for
and what my computer/TV requirements might be?

Cheers,
Dave

Restless Legs said:
and what my computer/TV requirements might be?

Cheers,
Dave

i dont know about the turbo trainers.

but i have seen a plate like the map holders on witch he had his laptop on.

as for the tv just put the trainer in front of it:biggrin:.

Bigtallfatbloke

I dont have one, but if i did I would set up my PC using the biggest moniter I could find, run the sound through the biggest stereo in the house, set the bike up in front of it and place a couple of fans in front for that summer breeze effect and go for it.

OP
OP
Restless Legs

Restless Legs

Well - balancing the overwhelming help I have received here :biggrin: with the two manufacturer's websites I think I am plumping for the Tacx.

The Realaxiom online forum details flywheel and software problems so I'm scared off sufficiently not to bung a wedge at them.

Tacx seem to be ahead of the game in terms of presenting their product, working towards Vista compatibility and range of courses to run.

Now I just need to decide whether I want an i-Magic VR or a Fortius.

we had one at the clubroom, projected from the computer onto our slide screen, it was almost life size and very effective. better than looking at the floor!
no idea as to the make though.

Wobbles

Restless Legs said:
Well - balancing the overwhelming help I have received here :biggrin: with the two manufacturer's websites I think I am plumping for the Tacx.

The Realaxiom online forum details flywheel and software problems so I'm scared off sufficiently not to bung a wedge at them.

Tacx seem to be ahead of the game in terms of presenting their product, working towards Vista compatibility and range of courses to run.

Now I just need to decide whether I want an i-Magic VR or a Fortius.

Please let us know how you get on with it!
I've been wanting to put a VR trainer on my Xmas list for the past 2 Xmases but never had the courage:wacko:
It was the Tacx I'd have gone for. Definitely the slickest. Sorry, but can't remember which seemed the most suitable out of the I-magic/Fortius.

Good luck:biggrin:

NickM

Veteran
Going by my experience, you'll need luck... I had an I-Magic which refused to work with my computer (the "picture" was upside down, FFS). The retailer couldn't help. When contacted about it, the UK Tacx importers were remarkably unhelpful. They seemed to expect me to change my hardware to get their crappy software to work.

I wouldn't touch Tacx with a bargepole unless I had an undertaking from the retailer that if the trainer didn't work with my computer there would be a full refund with no quibbling.

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
I use a TACX I-Magic, I did check my PC & laptop specs before buying it. Fortius specs are a lot higher but the graphics are a lot better and the Real Life Videoa are great.

hipwl.jpg

OP
OP
Restless Legs

Restless Legs

I've checked the tech-specs on their website - no problems - but I do fancy some of the rides that only come on double density DVD's...but there's no way I'm springing out for a DVD player on top of everything else.

Not having a local supplier means I am going to have top ring around to find the best deal although Wiggle are going to take some beating. I wouldn't mind paying a tad more to a local dealer, it's a shame there isn't one in Brum.

Britain's second city? Hmm...

Keeno

Did you ever get the Tacx?

Which one did you go for and how are you finding it? Done a search and found your post, seriously considering buying one of these to help me train.

Cheers

Top Bottom