Vital vinyl

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Just after the Bill Grundy interview, Woolworths decided that The Sex Pistols were filth. The Swansea store had two boxes of Anarchy singles and were selling them off for 10p a copy but me being a poor student only bought three - which were promptly played and scratched to death at local student parties:sad:^_^

Mine were the same, came from WH Smith's.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
ken_dodd_diddymen.jpg

Still have this at my mums. Pure class.
Where's me shirt?!

winjim

Smash the cistern
A couple of crates of 90s / 00s industrial, schranz and acid techno. Stuff like this

and this

Nails.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I never stopped playing vinyl, though I think you need decent kit to really appreciate how much better than CD it is (or god forbid, compressed MP3 stuff).

By decent kit, I mean valves.

I'll get me coat.
I don't know, I use a pair of QUAD 303s (Vertically Bi-Amped) and each amp is only fed a mono signal which stops any 'stereo crosstalk' within the power amps, certainly comes close to a friends 300watt Radfords.
Mind you they don't have that lovely smell of overheating electrics and I have to use the central heating to warm the room. :whistle:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Seem to remember this sounded great.

Billy Bragg - Lifes a Riot with Spy vs Spy.jpg

Sadly I can't play it anymore, 'cos my turntable won't do 45RPM. (Or at least I think maybe it does but you have to take the platter off and muck about with the belt 'n that...which amounts to the same thing.)

AndyRM

XOXO
I only own 3 records. And I don't have a working record player. Recommendations for an easy set up would be welcome - I've heard all these in different formats but I'd like to hear them on vinyl.

R-1777200-1244294614.jpeg.jpg

206332276_dcc7d61b-7f3e-4614-a3f4-3fb8602d84a1.jpg

mastodon-live-at-the-aragon(movie).jpg

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
We have 2 versions of most of our LPs which Mrs A_T and I bought before we met... after that we just bought the one.... includes all sorts of stuff from the early 80s. Didn't listen to music when I was young, not enough time spent indoors!

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Currently I am on a self enforced vinyl hiatus... due to money squandering.

I used to mainly collect coloured, picture & shaped picture discs from the likes of Guns 'n' Roses, Iron Maiden, Bowie etc

Getting into Iron Maiden can be quite expensive, seems they did something nearly every release.

Top Bottom