Vittoria Corsa G+ Any Good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
Looking at these for my next set of tyres. Fancying the Tan sidewalls, but if they're not that great then that's a serious deal breaker.

Only used GP4000S and S-Works Turbo so far and they have lasted me very well, hence looking for similar characteristics.

Anyone got experience of the Corsa G+ in comparison?

Open to others suggestions too.

S-Express

Depends on how you are defining 'any good' I suppose. They are a lightweight racing tyre with a soft, grippy compound, so don't expect it to last like a training tyre.

Depending on what you want from such a tyre, tan wall alternatives are also available from Challenge, Veloflex, Specialized and Bontrager, probably others..

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Depends on how you are defining 'any good' I suppose. They are a lightweight racing tyre with a soft, grippy compound, so don't expect it to last like a training tyre.

Depending on what you want from such a tyre, tan wall alternatives are also available from Challenge, Veloflex, Specialized and Bontrager, probably others..
Only have experience of the GP4000S and S-Works Turbo, so how good are they in comparison?

Good in terms of speed, along with comparable protection and durability.

S-Express

Con't compare directly, as I've only ever ridden GP4Ks with butyl tubes, while with the Corsas I used latex. The Corsa/latex combo was particularly good in terms of ride quality. My lad is on Veloflex Masters, which he likes. They usually come in cheaper than Corsas and are a good option if you want the tan wall look.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Went for a pair of the gumwall Vittoria Corsa's as expected.

2 rides in and I love them, albeit with Conti Race28 tubes, rather than the Latex tubes that they recommend. They are very smooth running and the cornering grip on them is night and day in comparison to the GP4000S that came off. A very unfair comparison, as the Conti's are 4,500 miles in and 4 years old, but I am rather happy with my purchase nonetheless.

They look superb too. :smile:

Useful info. My "best" bike is now 3000 miles old and the rear tyre is getting a bit iffy. It is a Rubino Pro Slick, which I think suits the bike to perfection. 25mm. I would happily replace with the same, but Vittoria seem to have discontinued this tyre for the Graphene ones. I am not sure which would be the like-for-like replacement. I want light and fast as I have "far more money than sense" (ibid) and do not mind paying for good stuff. No interest in gum walls, thanks. I rode those as a kid, and do not want to look like an old man - even though I am one.
I am not looking for alternative brands. I have bikes with Schwalbe (pretty good) and Continental (OK) and even an old one with Bontragers ( awful) I drag out in bad mud. I want Vittoria on best bike.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Useful info. My "best" bike is now 3000 miles old and the rear tyre is getting a bit iffy. It is a Rubino Pro Slick, which I think suits the bike to perfection. 25mm. I would happily replace with the same, but Vittoria seem to have discontinued this tyre for the Graphene ones. I am not sure which would be the like-for-like replacement. I want light and fast as I have "far more money than sense" (ibid) and do not mind paying for good stuff. No interest in gum walls, thanks. I rode those as a kid, and do not want to look like an old man - even though I am one.
I am not looking for alternative brands. I have bikes with Schwalbe (pretty good) and Continental (OK) and even an old one with Bontragers ( awful) I drag out in bad mud. I want Vittoria on best bike.
Get the Corsa G+'s with the Anthracite walls instead.

Gumwalls are cool again. Everything is cyclical.

Thanks for that. I thought it was what I wanted.

Top Bottom