1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vittoria Rubino Tyre

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by yenrod, 18 Sep 2007.

1. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Are these any good ???????????

2. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

Harsh ride, murder to mount on a rim and not very grippy.

3. DaveM

DaveM New Member

Not to bad mounting them on Mavic open pros but no chance on a MA2

4. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

one puncture in over a year riding every weekday and some weekends. bastards to fit in the first instance though.

5. GrahamG

GrahamG Über Member

It really is weird the different impressions that you get - I've done 500 or so miles on a pair which I bought because they were cheap (!) and agree that they aren't fantastically grippy but can't say I noticed much difference in ride quality, plus they were a cinch to fit and subsequently remove with CXP33's and an MA3. Only reason I took them off was to put Spesh Armadillos on for winter as they were on an old bike I parted out - they'll probably go back on in the spring.

6. gkerr4

gkerr4 New Member

I have to say, I think they are pretty good on my shimano R561's - I have tried a few pairs - the regular rubino and the rubino slick - all have been the rigid tyre type and all have been fairly good to fit.

The regular rubino is slightly more grippy - especially in the wet - than the slick version, but the slick version is much more comfy - very comfy indeed in fact.

at £16 for two with tubes from wiggle you really cant complain!

7. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Thanks for the concisive answers ! ;)

8. dan_bo

dan_bo How much does it cost to Oldham?

Mine lasted nearly TWO YEARS of 4-5x weekly use WITHOUT A P***T**E. They were a bit slip-slidey towards the end though.