Vittoria Rubinos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Put a fresh set of these on my bike just before LEL. Since then I've done 3700km with a lot of London commuting.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/vittoria-rubino-road-bike-tyre/rp-prod31768

I hit a pothole hard the other day, and got a snake bite puncture, the first and - so far - only one with this set, and nothing to do with the quality of the tyre. And I can't even really complain about the road, it had been underwater for a week, so it's no one's fault.

I paid £11 for them, current price is only £10.

have no opinion of rolling resistance, or traction - they seem perfectly fine tyres to me, and easy to fit on the rare occasions that has been necessary.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
my favourite day-to-day tyre.

I've been running them on my Orbea since last April following a recommendation by @ianrauk. No complaints from me - I even manage to get them off and on without swearing, which surely counts as a miracle in our modern world.
I have probably done 2000 miles on mine and love them but I find them a real chore to get on and off...blood, sweat and tears!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Just bought a new pair for the Ti bike. But have moved up to 25's from 23's.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Any particular reason why?

Our man @rb58 has been running 25's so I'm going on his suggestion.

I have also put on the commute bike a spare pair of Spesh Armadillo 25's I had sitting in the shed when the Durano's died. I haven't noticed any discernible speed difference but do notice a little bit more comfort.

Kies

My Defy is running 23's and they are great, went with a blue mods suggestion and havn't looked back.

Top Bottom