Vittoria Rubinos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cool, I didn't realise they came in a folding version! I presume they're more expensive as folders??? Gonna go and have a look (although can't buy anything until pay day...seems like forever since last pay as I got paid two months in one in December!)

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
No idea and if they are, they're more than worth it. :becool:

Wow, this is strange. I also really find them easy to fit.**

The folding versions are twice as much. It's the Pro (http://www.vittoria.com/en/product/rubino), which also has a much higher thread count. Twice as much is still a good price. Before LEL I was going to get a folding tyre as a spare, but decided to buy two new ones instead for the same price.

Forgot to mention, these are my second Rubinos. First were replaced for the reasons above, and are waiting in the shed to be refitted when the current ones are done. I did once get a proper puncture with the first set: an enormous thorn punctured it. Oddly it did not happen on the ride, but when I got my bike for the next one, it was flat with a 1/2 cm thorn sticking out of the tyre.

** mind you, I have wrestled with the black beast that is 16" marathon pluses. That's minimum 45 minutes of angry obscenities and at least one broken tyre lever. And I kept getting punctures, so it was a dark time in my life.

Last edited:

dhd.evans

Veteran
Mine are tatty like worn socks and have a penchant for taking in thorns. The p fairy visits more often than I care to mention.

Acceptable for winter commuting (decent grip) but thinner than clingfilm IMHO.

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
I bought a pair of Orange / Black for my steelie. Been out a couple of times, so far so good.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I had the rubino pro 3 folders, hence to say dissappointing from my perspective. Not a great winter tyre for the roads round my way, certainly fast but poor puncture protection. Now on Bonty Hardcase race lites for the fixed and thus far they seem pretty good.

Bought 25s last november and on my second ride came off badly as i turned into a road doing no speed at all.Being early winter the road did look greasy though.

I haven't really got an opinion on the rubinos as it was to early to say and it could be a good summer tyre but after that fall it was once bitten twice shy and have replaced them.

jay clock

Massive member
These are excellent value. I paid about 7 quid on ebay. They also look great. When selling a bike I put a new pair on and they made it look amazing as the colour matched the fframe

Leodis

Veteran
Have them on my Ribble, what a biatch to get off, might be the rims but the wired ones are a pain. I did notice a huge slash in them about 1cm at the weekend, didnt even get close...

Top Bottom