Vittoria Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Merlin cycles has a bank holiday sale on at the moment and they are selling Vittoria Zaffiro iv folding tyre at £10 or buy two for £9 each.Also they are selling the Vittoria Zaffiro pro g2.0 at £13 each.
Usually pay more than this for tyres but with tough times at the moment i am looking for bargains.
I'm looking for good grip and puncture resistance.
Has anybody ever owned these tyres?

Gunk

Guru
I’ve used them, but the higher spec versions

winjim

Smash the cistern
I hated the Zaffiros but I have Rubino pro tech, which I think are an older version now, and I love them. Corsas on the fancy bike but I don't ride that much.

I think any version of the Rubino is good but personally I'd avoid the Zaffiro.

vickster

Legendary Member
Wiggle have the pro Zaffiro in 23/25/28mm at 9.99. I’ve got 25s on one bike, and 28s to go on another.

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/vittoria-zaffiro-pro-training-folding-clincher-road-tyre

i think the super cheap wired Zaffiro are poor but the folding better. But if happy to spend £20 a tyre, the Rubinos are better. That said I did lose the rear wheel on a greasy road going round a corner locally, it’s a strange road surface (sort of little pebbles) with a notable camber, and the tyres were new

winjim

Smash the cistern
Wiggle have the pro Zaffiro in 23/25/28mm at 9.99. I’ve got 25s on one bike, and 28s to go on another.

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/vittoria-zaffiro-pro-training-folding-clincher-road-tyre

i think the super cheap wired Zaffiro are poor but the folding better. But if happy to spend £20 a tyre, the Rubinos are better. That said I did lose the rear wheel on a greasy road going round a corner locally, it’s a strange road surface (sort of little pebbles) with a notable camber, and the tyres were new

It's the wired Zaffiro I had so maybe the folding are better. Stock Bianchi VN7 tyres.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I used the Zaffiros. They are fine puncture wise, and didn’t have grip issues. They do run tall though which is why I removed them as they were rubbing the mudguard. I replaced them with Continental Ultra Sport III which run slightly faster and similarly cheap.

Adam4868

Guru
Only ever had the plain black ones but I love Rubino Pros. Between them and Schwalbe Ones pretty much covers most of my bikes.
Yea have schwalbe ones on both my bikes at moment.A lot more expensive to replace now and I quite like the look of the tan wall

Sharky

Guru
Seem to have migrated to Rubino Pros on three of my bikes over the years.

Was riding on conti City contacts on my winter bike. A comfortable ride, but lost confidence in them when I lost the front wheel on black ice.

newts

Veteran
I've had both & no issues. Currently have 25mm rubino pros on no2 bike since 2020 with about 2k miles & no puntures. Wiggle's current offer on the Rubino pro's @ £11.99 is a great deal.

Last edited:
Sometimes, I wonder if the On-One/Wiggle/Megawebshop special offer versions of tyres are the same quality as the retail versions.

I have some Vittoria Randonneur MTB tyres. I think Planet-x were selling them for £4 each a few years ago, so I bought 20 as it's my favourite size.

They are basically good tyres and very comfy, but they get more punctures than I would expect from modern tyres. Hardly scientific, of course, but you do wonder.

Top Bottom