Vitus 787 FUTURAL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
Vitus bikes are a bit of an obsession for me but hey what do l care . Ive just found another model and l won't stop until l get my mitts on one ^_^
4b9a92c46010d890a1780051e64a79391d485f58.jpg

Sharky

Guru
Like the frame pump - not seen one for a while.
My last one dropped off during a race and I never went back for it.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Yep, it looks in pretty good condition. They are new to me , l've just concentrated on the 992 and 979 ,so it will be interesting to find out more about them.
I read somewhere that they are used for Cyclocross riding but l might be mistaken !

Must admit i have never taken any interest in them for what ever reason

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Must admit i have never taken any interest in them for what ever reason
Something to do with the iffy reputation of the frames coming un-stuck maybe. My LBS told me a while ago that it did happen, albeit rarely but almost always on big frames with correspondingly big and heavy riders.
Having said that Sean Kelly didn't appear to have any problems and he was a bit of an "animal" on a bike ^_^

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Vitus never made bikes.

They made works of art :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:
I agree completely and at the risk of boring everyone rigid here's a reminder of the first Vitus l acquired and for me it is still a thrill to ride and to look at !
IMG_1006.jpg

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Vitus bikes are a bit of an obsession for me but hey what do l care . Ive just found another model and l won't stop until l get my mitts on one ^_^
View attachment 456752

Ohh, close to you? Good price? If so go for it:okay:.
Messaged the seller and wouldn't you know .....its much to big for me which is so frustrating because the asking price is €150 about £130 by my reconing
oh well can't win em all !

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
How big is too big?...asking for a friend:whistle:

If you can look past the bar tape this is interesting and may be closer to your size. a long way to travel but he may ship it.

https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/fietse...84ef0ece270f44503df9f8598c624&previousPage=lr
How big is too big?...asking for a friend:whistle:

If you can look past the bar tape this is interesting and may be closer to your size. a long way to travel but he may ship it.

https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/fietse...84ef0ece270f44503df9f8598c624&previousPage=lr
The Vitus futural is 58cm and unfortunately my max frame size would be 52cm l am 1.70 :smile:

Top Bottom