VITUS 979 Bertin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
Here l go again , this looks like a nice example made by Bertin from Vitus tubing. Whats your verdict folks ?
I have a stack of photos if you need to see them ! It has a full Campagnolo Nuovo groupset.
46501523_2288247354581984_1244750804498251776_n.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member
It looks lovely. Shames it's so small :sad:

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
I thought it was being 'Quakers'.

I digress, very aggressive geometry. Do you want another like that?
He probably meant that as well ! You are right it is aggressive but of all my bikes the 992 is the most addictive and after 20 or 30 km my tooth fillings get a bit loose but having said that it is hellish fun to ride and so damn fast :whistle:

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Never heard it before
No well he was from a generation that didn't seem to care how much they insulted one another !

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
If that's an aluminium fork then I'd be scared. I've only once ridden a Vitus, and the way the fork wibbled about on the road, knowing the fatigue properties of Al, was more than a little worrying.

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
If that's an aluminium fork then I'd be scared. I've only once ridden a Vitus, and the way the fork wibbled about on the road, knowing the fatigue properties of Al, was more than a little worrying.
My 992 is ally including the forks an it is completely rigid to the point of being a bit of a bone shaker. Ive clocked 54km per hour on it , there is no room for error but helot is fun :hyper:

Top Bottom