VITUS 979 Bertin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Stabby straight quick release lever lol.
At least it is pointing towards the rear ( if you will forgive the expression) :smile:

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
I have given this deal a lot of thought, not to mention all the contributions from Cc er's and although l like the idea of having the bike, l am not going ahead with it. There are one or two little doubts which l can't shake off. Firstly it has a Stronglight headset , why when everything else is Campagnolo and as midlife points out the rear mech. is Super Record not Nuovo as advertised. There may be other differences that l cant see from the photos. Lastly the seller is very keen for me to buy , keeps messaging me but won't budge an inch on the price of 490 euros ! So to be realistic, although l like the bike but not the price, l think it would spend most of its time with me sitting in the workshop while l am riding my other bikes :whistle:

PHL67

Veteran
Very nice bike. I have a Vitus 979 Peugeot. Nicely made. Saying that it hangs up like the others .

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Very nice bike. I have a Vitus 979 Peugeot. Nicely made. Saying that it hangs up like the others .
Thats just the problem l have, whats the point in having half a dozen very ridable bikes and only riding one. Sure they all look lovely but they aren't supposed to be decorations !:sad:

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
490 is a bit steep:ohmy:. A quick search on eBay Using “completed listing” shows lots of sales at 350 or under but nothing much above that.

Big thanks to @Specialeyes for having introduced me to completed listings, it gives a real sense of perspective.
Thanks for that info re. complete listings....the 490 price tag. was what put me off in the end. Subsequently l have seen frame and fork deals for reasonable prices so l might go that route, although l know you can end up spending even more if you aren't careful !

Top Bottom