Volta Ciclista a Catalunya, 18-24 March 2013 [spoilers]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Rodriguez has a habit of making critical mistakes in a race, yesterday's may have been it, I'd love to see Dan Martin hang on.

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
Rodriguez has a habit of making critical mistakes in a race, yesterday's may have been it, I'd love to see Dan Martin hang on.

i dont fancy it, i fancy him to get dropped today.... i think theres a time bonus too so im picking rodriguez to be in (which ever colour) jersey today

i dont fancy it, i fancy him to get dropped today.... i think theres a time bonus too so im picking rodriguez to be in (which ever colour) jersey today
I dunno, only one big climb today, Martin was only 32 seconds down on the first mtn finish, I fancy him to hang on today, tomorrow is more difficult but let's see how today goes first.

oldroadman

Veteran
I think they were all counting on Sky yesterday to reel Dan Martin in, but Sky had a bad day (maybe letting Pate go in the break wasn't such a great idea). Katusha did eventually take up the chase when they realised Sky weren't going to do the job for them, but they left it too late. Gesink and Van Den Broeck were canny to attack when they did - they obviously realised sooner than Katusha that Sky were done for. Neither was able to take it all the way but both gained time on Brad. Movistar didn't really have the numbers left to do anything as a team after Valverde and Capecchi crashed out, especially with Herrada already up the road.

Most teams with a GC contender played poker today, and counted on Sky to close things down. When it didn't happen (unlikely when they were down to three with 15km left to climb) others didn't seem to have much of a clue. Moral, if the biggest team mess it up, count on the rst to get into an even worse pickle! Great ride by Dan "Irish" Martin though, he hit a perfect rhythm and held it, effecively "doing a Sky" on the rest. There's a lot more racing in this race yet!

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
I dunno, only one big climb today, Martin was only 32 seconds down on the first mtn finish, I fancy him to hang on today, tomorrow is more difficult but let's see how today goes first.
Yeah got my days mixed up I think.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Parisien wins the sprint today (good one for Argos-Shimano), but what is particularly gratifying is seeing Dan Martin make sure of his overall by getting 9th. Hard old day tomorrow though, and then the leg-breaking finale...

Just watched that, nice finish and great to see the Canadian take the stage. As FM says Dan Martin made a sterling effort to finish in m.t. and perhaps even that bonus sprint second he nabbed will pay off too. A good day for him with an increase in his lead. Looked like sky just sat up when they saw they were not going to take the win too. Also pleased to see the Scot, Fenn, get in the mix a bit.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Josh Edmondson is putting in a great showing in the breakaway - although doomed to be caught. He's surely a future star at only 20.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
And Martin picked up bonus seconds again - he is riding a very canny race in the leader's jersey. But Purito is only 17 seconds down and the last stage is made for a rider like him.

Top Bottom