Voodoo Agwe Hybrid Bike, any opinions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Reasonable value based on the specs. I would prefer a steel fork. Quite big heavy tyres so it won't feel too nimble on the road.

Correct, you don't need the suspension.
Have a look at Evans own brand Pinnacle hybrids. This a very competitive sector of the market so shop around.

Halfords can be a bit hit and miss regards expertise in setting up so check out the guys who'll be putting it together for you. Its a bit ' Kevin is the real bike expert but he's off today'.

Decathlon have a great range of bikes offering cracking value. How about this for the same money:
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/triban-520-flat-bar-road-bike-sora-id_8322799.html
More of a flat bar road bike so will feel much quicker on the road, even has a carbon fork which is only found on much more expensive bikes. Will still handle the trails. A lot lighter than the Agwe at 9.75kg compared to 12.6kg. You'll notice that on the hills.

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Forgot to mention the Triban doesn't have disc brakes which would be preferable for secure all weather stopping. Swings and roundabouts I guess.

vickster

Legendary Member
Do you have a Cycle Republic closeby, part of Halfords, but bike specific and unlike Halfords, they do no obligation on road test rides (as do Evans)

The red looks v good

OP
OP
atb1983

atb1983

Yes, fortunately I have a cycle republic closeby, I will go in person to check the red out before doing buying :smile: thanks

Last edited:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Decathlon have a great range of bikes offering cracking value.

B'Twin Riverside 100 or 120 are outstanding value hybrids with lifetime frame warranty. Pretty much as simple and basic as bikes come, nothing to go wrong with them. I've seen a few in town being used as commuters and they do the job. Should be reliable and ongoing maintenance will be peanuts as there is only the bare minimum of bits on them.

Top Bottom