VR real video training on real bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albertramsbottom

Hi

I have been reading various threads on VR training apps and real video cycle routes and I will go through my options with regards to subscriptions

What I need to know is more about hardware as I already have a bike in my house and dont want to buy a trainer.

So is there any bike trainer stands that I could use with any of the apps out there and what sort of hardware would i need? Is there such a thing as a bike stand that can simulate hills and work with any apps out there?

Also I may or may not use a tablet, laptop ect and if so can I cast to my TV?
Will it record miles and calories? And what sensors would I need on my bike, wrist etc?

As I said, i do not want to buy a trainer, just a bike stand, trainer? Sorry not sure what they are called. And are there any stands out there that can simulate hills ect along with the software?

Sorry newbie with lockdown fever and really bad weather

Its also particularly important that the rides are actual vids rather than VR avatars and silly spin classes.

Thanks very much

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Everything you're describing is what a smart trainer does.

CXRAndy

Guru
Decent smart turbo and BigringVR or Tacx premium will give you what you want. Also consider Zwift for avatar based environment

Venod

Eh up
As I said, i do not want to buy a trainer, just a bike stand, trainer? Sorry not sure what they are called. And are there any stands out there that can simulate hills ect along with the software?

You need to buy a turbo trainer you can mount your bike on, a smart turbo trainer will help you get the most out of indoor cycling, there are several real film platforms, you will need a computer, tablet or phone to use them, check out Rouvy, BigRing Vr, Tacx, there maybe more there is also cartoon like apps Zwift is very popular, I use Tacx there are well over 200 films in the collection.

Hi

I have been reading various threads on VR training apps and real video cycle routes and I will go through my options with regards to subscriptions

What I need to know is more about hardware as I already have a bike in my house and dont want to buy a trainer.

So is there any bike trainer stands that I could use with any of the apps out there and what sort of hardware would i need? Is there such a thing as a bike stand that can simulate hills and work with any apps out there?

Also I may or may not use a tablet, laptop ect and if so can I cast to my TV?
Will it record miles and calories? And what sensors would I need on my bike, wrist etc?

Sorry newbie with lockdown fever and really bad weather

Its also particularly important that the rides are actual vids rather than VR avatars and silly spin classes.

Thanks very much
By a "bike stand, trainer", do you mean a wheel on trainer. The cheapest smart wheel on trainer which can simulate hills is the Tacx Flow I think.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2020/04/tacx-flow-budget-smart-trainer-in-depth-review.html

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/tacx-flow-smart-trainer

Top Bottom