Vuelta a España 2022 (spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Mikel means buisness !
“I think right now I will be looking for stage wins,” Landa said of the upcoming Vuelta, which starts August 19 in the Netherlands. “The podium looks very far away right now.”

Lacking ambition - with that sort of attitude he should head straight back to Movistar!:whistle:

Adam4868

Guru
It's a blag Rich....podium at the Giro and 44th at Burgos ! He's just finding his legs for his home race.
Long live the king Landisimo 😍

Adam4868

Guru
Bora for the Vuelta
S.Bennett, Buchmann, Higuita, Hindley, Kelderman, Koch, Mullen, D.van Poppel

Four GC riders and four sprinters 😁

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Confession time. I find it very hard to get excited about the Vuelta. I speak fluent French and Italian (well, my Italian is a little rusty), I’ve lived in both counties so I love the Giro and the Tour. I speak very little Spanish and have barely been to Spain so it just doesn’t feel as exciting to me. And I feel like it’s the least important tour to riders, teams and fans.

Is it worth me getting excited about the Vuelta or should I have a few weeks off GCN?

Adam4868

Guru
Confession time. I find it very hard to get excited about the Vuelta. I speak fluent French and Italian (well, my Italian is a little rusty), I’ve lived in both counties so I love the Giro and the Tour. I speak very little Spanish and have barely been to Spain so it just doesn’t feel as exciting to me. And I feel like it’s the least important tour to riders, teams and fans.

Is it worth me getting excited about the Vuelta or should I have a few weeks off GCN?
If you like the Giro and the Tour I'm not sure how you can't like the Vuelta ?
But I take your point....for me after the Giro and the Tour I can't wait !
In meal terms...
The Giro is the starter...my favourite !
The Tour...main course can be a bit of a dissapointment, underwhelming 😲
The Vuelta is desert....no matter how much I've had I'll allways have more 😁

T4tomo

Legendary Member

I get that, but the GC competition in the Vuelta is much less predictable than the the Giro & Tour because there are more mountain stages / hill top finishes and stupid gradients that put mere mortals into the red by just looking at them, so I do like to watch the highlights. I also have an irrational soft spot for Euskaltel Euskadi ^_^

Re the Bora team - 4 sprinters for the La Vuelta - WTF - they must have upset the DS, cue a team of 4 come week 3 as they get sick of hacking thru the mountains / miss the time cuts. At least they will a fun few start in NL.

Re the Bora team 2. we could all read post #34, really whats the point of cutting a huge picture from twitter at post #35 @mjr :wacko:

Adam4868

Guru
Re the Bora team 2. we could all read post #34, really whats the point of cutting a huge picture from twitter at post #35 @mjr :wacko:
Cause I missed out "Band of Brothers"....
On purpose 😁

Adam4868

Guru
I get that, but the GC competition in the Vuelta is much less predictable than the the Giro & Tour because there are more mountain stages / hill top finishes and stupid gradients that put mere mortals into the red by just looking at them, so I do like to watch the highlights. I also have an irrational soft spot for Euskaltel Euskadi ^_^

Re the Bora team - 4 sprinters for the La Vuelta - WTF - they must have upset the DS, cue a team of 4 come week 3 as they get sick of hacking thru the mountains / miss the time cuts. At least they will a fun few start in NL.

Starts with a team TTT....sort of missed them ! Eight summit finishes....what's not to look forward to !
This Vuelta is made for climbers...can't wait 😁
Only dilemma for me is my partners back home...I'll have to pick wisely which stages I can lay on the couch for 5/6 hours ....hope she's at work on the mountain stages.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Team EmiratesUAE....Almeida, Ayuso,McNulty,Soler,Polanc, I. Oliveira ,Ackerman and Molano....
First grand tour for Ayuso who's just extended until I think 2028...looking forward to watching him race.

View: https://twitter.com/juann_ayuso/status/1558386767895695361?t=uKrs-IHnydIk_WjzMkRuJQ&s=19

Decent team. Almeida should be in with a shout for the podium at least.
I'm not convinced Evenepoel is a contender but it's all a bit uncertain until Roglic stops arsing about and lets us know if he's riding or not

Adam4868

Guru
Decent team. Almeida should be in with a shout for the podium at least.
I'm not convinced Evenepoel is a contender but it's all a bit uncertain until Roglic stops arsing about and lets us know if he's riding or not
Supposed to know after this weekend about Roglic...my hunch is he will be riding.
Woods and Froome meant to be on the roster for Israel aswell.😁

Top Bottom