Vuelta a España 2022 (spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Valverde 😂....should of had more sun tan cream on.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220821-173808.png
    Screenshot_20220821-173808.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 1

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Well that's the flat lands out of the way. Bennet is on form, I was pleased for Dan McLay, decent form, I hope he manages to nick on of the few remaining sprint chances, not least to boost my fantasy squad! Tuesday might be a reduced bunch sprint, lets hope he has the legs to get over the cheeky cat 3 near the end still at the pointy end of the race.

Loved listening to Carlton etc moaning that whilst the Dutch might have great infrastructure for commuters and school kids on bikes, all those segregation lanes and brickwork makes racing thru the urban streets a ruddy dangerous nightmare.

Also nice to see some of the Basque boys out in the breaks, expect more of that this week too as they get back to home soil proper.

bladesman73

Über Member
Well that's the flat lands out of the way. Bennet is on form, I was pleased for Dan McLay, decent form, I hope he manages to nick on of the few remaining sprint chances, not least to boost my fantasy squad! Tuesday might be a reduced bunch sprint, lets hope he has the legs to get over the cheeky cat 3 near the end still at the pointy end of the race.

Loved listening to Carlton etc moaning that whilst the Dutch might have great infrastructure for commuters and school kids on bikes, all those segregation lanes and brickwork makes racing thru the urban streets a ruddy dangerous nightmare.

Also nice to see some of the Basque boys out in the breaks, expect more of that this week too as they get back to home soil proper.

Carlton is full of crap. I have cycled all over NL for years, riding thru urban areas and raced in small events as well, it is safe and easy to ride at speed in urban parts so long as you can handle a bike properly.

OP
OP
mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Carlton is full of crap. I have cycled all over NL for years, riding thru urban areas and raced in small events as well, it is safe and easy to ride at speed in urban parts so long as you can handle a bike properly.
Yes, the difficulties were mainly that the riders using the cycleways as shortcuts were jumping kerbs into and out of them, because most of the usual entrances were taped off or otherwise obstructed because using them is against UCI rules.

A few relegations and fines might concentrate the minds of those bunny-hopping bozos. If Vos can be disqualified for 5 seconds of puppy-paws, why not punish this more dangerous behaviour too?

Wasn't Valverde angry about the courses in the Netherlands too ?

T4tomo

Legendary Member

Yeah but you've not raced in a full tour peleton but I'm pleased your a better bike handler than the pros.
🤣

Adam4868

Guru
Now we're over the excitement....breakaway or is it Evenepoel today !

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Now we're over the excitement....breakaway or is it Evenepoel today !

Some sort of reduced sprint I think. That last climb isn't enough nor close enough to the finish to drop all the sprinters, although some of the bigger/ pure sprinters might get dropped. Will also suit the classics rider type fast men so lots of people motivated to bring any break back, IMVHO

Adam4868

Guru
Some sort of reduced sprint I think. That last climb isn't enough nor close enough to the finish to drop all the sprinters, although some of the bigger/ pure sprinters might get dropped. Will also suit the classics rider type fast men so lots of people motivated to bring any break back, IMVHO
No way are any of the big sprinters going to be there in the end....either they let a breakaway go or they fight themselves Roglic,Allaphillipe,Evenepoel?

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I wonder what form Alaphilippe's in. Is he just there to finish his crash recovery/help out Remco? Or could we see an explosive attack and lunatic descent today?

I guess we'll find out, its the sort of stage if he wasn't just back from injury and potentially also working for Remco (who might also fancy his chances) would have Ala pip written all over it.

Hayter could have a chance, he can climb and sprint.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
deep joy, one of my Euskadi boys, Joan Bou, has gone first over the cat 2 climb to take the KOM on the road (but still a cat 3 to come). Let hope that's a sign he'll be getting into breaks and aiming for KOM points on days to come...

break at less than 3 mins at moment so on a tight leash

Last edited:

Adam4868

Guru
deep joy, one of my Euskadi boys, Joan Bou, has gone first over the cat 2 climb to take the KOM on the road (but still a cat 3 to come). Let hope that's a sign he'll be getting into breaks and aiming for KOM points on days to come...

break at less than 3 mins at moment so on a tight leash
2 mins the break now....there controlling it.Goung to be a fast stage !

Top Bottom