Vuelta a Espana 2023 (spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tarric

Über Member
Did Remco tell Fred Wright to do it ?
It has nothing to do with the crash between Fred and Primoz.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I think the Tour can make up for the anticlimactic flat stage with the Chams Élysées and la Tour Eiffel and all that jazz. The other two just can't.

This really does promise to be a bit dull.

Mike_P

Guru
It has nothing to do with the crash between Fred and Primoz.

Remcos puncture?

Tension mounts for today, will Roglics shorts complete a grand tour unshredded.

The sprint might have implications for the wooden spoon (or whatever the Vuletas equivalent is) if something goes seriously wrong for one of the sprinters. Presently held by Molano with Cimolai and Dainese within a minute and two minutes respectively.

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Yeah but does it have to be that way?

Sigh. Maybe it's dull enough to dust off old conspiracy theories from last year's Vuelta.
Why, when there are so many good conspiracy theories from this year's? Roglič adds fuel to it with a blunt interview in The Cycling Podcast: S11 Ep127: Stage 18 | Pola de Allande – La Cruz de Linares | Vuelta a España 2023

Episode webpage:
View: https://audioboom.com/posts/8368074

Media file: https://prfx.byspotify.com/e/audiob...p3?modified=1694726291&sid=1405050&source=rss

tarric

Über Member
there cant be many folk on here who watch the racing for what it is, the rest just look for the slightest thing that lets them shout C-H-E-A-T, and make up crap conspiracy tales
I enjoy watching the racing and while all rides want to win some are just better at it but most IMO want to win fairly e.g. Vingegaard waiting for Pogacar when he crashed on stage 18 of the 2022 tour.
I never called him a C-H-E-A-T, I said it was a tainted win IMO.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
So we're all glad that Sep won it right...some achievement seeing as it was his third GT of the year ! Jumbo taking all three so convincingly,rarely putting a foot/pedal wrong over the whole season is some achievement.
The highlight of this Vuelta though has to go to Landa...that ride on the Angliru,150 m to go and he pulls through to help Sep,not a glance back or flick of the elbow, pulls him to the finish and steps of the gas to let Sep take third and the time bonus.I think he gifted Kuss this Vuelta whilst sacrificing his own GC ambitions !
Long live Landisimo 😍

tarric

Über Member
Remcos puncture?

Tension mounts for today, will Roglics shorts complete a grand tour unshredded.

The sprint might have implications for the wooden spoon (or whatever the Vuletas equivalent is) if something goes seriously wrong for one of the sprinters. Presently held by Molano with Cimolai and Dainese within a minute and two minutes respectively.
I thought Rui Oliveira had it nailed.

Top Bottom