Wahoo! Day 6 and counting.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Risex4

Dropped by the autobus
Hmm.

I told myself at somepoint last week that 1st of March I was going to quit my 20+ a day habbit.

Im not sure why I told myself this, it was just time for one of those random, half-arsed attempts smokers enter into with no real planning, thought or conviction which are ultimately doomed to fail. It was just a thought, a daydream almost. I am the archetypal said smoker, I've lost count of the number of times I've given up, I've tried it all, it never stuck. I think midway through day two was my record before I succombed to various degrees of craving.

So Friday rolled around and I went about my business, I did intentionally skip the first shop visit of the day, but I didnt really have any belief that I'd make it to tea time.

And yet, here I am 6 days later, not having smoked and with what I can describe at worse as split-second pangs every few hours or so which literally go again before I register they were a craving. Havent really thought about one - or in truth on the odd occassion I have its been more along the lines of "Don't I usually want a cigeratte right about now?" rather than an outright craving for one, it hasnt crossed my mind to buy a pack when I pop into the shop for the newspaper. It didnt bother me when I passed the local 14 year olds fresh out of school puffing away this afternoon.

Not that I am complaining you understand, but after so many years of trying, to do it on a whim so casually now is actually rather unsettling.

D

Deleted member 1258

Well done, keep it up, I stopped in 1977.

Stephenite

Membå
Well done. Like you i 'stopped' many times until, one time, the days turned into weeks and the weeks into months. Keep at it :smile: You'll notice the benefits.

D

Deleted member 20519

Replace each cigarette with a mile on the bike. Soon you'll have a new 20 a day habit :biggrin:

And yet, here I am 6 days later, not having smoked and with what I can describe at worse as split-second pangs every few hours or so which literally go again before I register they were a craving. Havent really thought about one - or in truth on the odd occassion I have its been more along the lines .

If they become cravings (or even better before that) one of the following usually does the trick:

a./ Vitamin C (eat an orange, tangerine etc)
b./ Menthol (strong chewing gum like Extra -the original- or Stimorol -not sure if exists in UK-)
c./ Oxygen (go for a power walk or short run)

Oh, and remember: even the worse craving will not last more than 7 minutes! ;)

Well done you! Just think of that: with he money you are saving by quiting smoking you can actually upgrade your bike every year! :hyper:

Top Bottom