Wahoo Elemnt Battery Replacement?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Marvin Fickle

I had my Elemnt Roam for about 16 months when it developed the same rapid battery drain issue noted by numerous commentators here and elsewhere. Unfortunately, my experience with Wahoo customer service has been rather different than most have reported. I suppose COVID-19 may have impacted them, but at some point, you've got to realize that you have a systemic problem. Email turn-around time has been 9 days, with no response most recently when I produced an iterative log of the discharge rate over 18 hours. The problem is likely the lithium battery source, but with sealed battery compartments, this becomes a quality control nightmare. I had used the Roam regularly, often several times a week, for 16 months, and really enjoyed it, having been steered towards it rather than the high end Garmin Edge by my local bike shop. They will be hearing about my unpleasant experience tomorrow. Maybe they can talk sense into the regional distributor.

Marvin Fickle

I had my Elemnt Roam for about 16 months when it developed the same rapid battery drain issue noted by numerous commentators here and elsewhere. Unfortunately, my experience with Wahoo customer service has been rather different than most have reported. I suppose COVID-19 may have impacted them, but at some point, you've got to realize that you have a systemic problem. Email turn-around time has been 9 days, with no response most recently when I produced an iterative log of the discharge rate over 18 hours. The problem is likely the lithium battery source, but with sealed battery compartments, this becomes a quality control nightmare. I had used the Roam regularly, often several times a week, for 16 months, and really enjoyed it, having been steered towards it rather than the high end Garmin Edge by my local bike shop. They will be hearing about my unpleasant experience tomorrow. Maybe they can talk sense into the regional distributor.
UPDATE 11/27/20: Well . . . a few less than satisfactory posts online and suddenly Wahoo responds, with a "please send it in so it can be replaced." I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, and I have found that the ROAM met my needs exactly. I can certainly recommend it if they stand behind their warranty. I will rack it up to the Holidays (US) and COVID-19. I presume they are working from home.

Top Bottom