Wahoo elemnt v elemnt bolt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Elemnt user here - if your using navigation i get around 9 hours out of the unit, without navigation i get around 16 hours.

I usually just carry a lipstick charger with me for charging the elemnt & phone whilst at a stop if doing rides longer than that :smile:

Regarding dodgy routes, just remember it's only following a path it's been told - i find komoot set to road bike tends to send me on the roads i want to be on :smile:
Problem being you have to pay for Komoot though

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Problem being you have to pay for Komoot though

Oh! Mine’s free. Must be my insurmountable charm and good looks.

OP
OP
tom73

tom73

Guru
Well just had a run out with my new element have to say it's well worth it simple to set up , use and upload data. sync's right over to health app every thing just works out the box.

All I have to do know is work out what all this data means ;)

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Well just had a run out with my new element have to say it's well worth it simple to set up , use and upload data. sync's right over to health app every thing just works out the box
Had my Elemnt for almost a week now & agree that it is so simple to set up, even for a tecnophobe like me. Had a few routes saved on Strava & it's synced in & picked those up. Had a trial today using the navigation & that was simple to use & follow too, although it was on familiar roads. Tomorrow will be the real test :okay:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Today I followed a route on roads I had not ridden before & the Elemnt was great, really simple to follow. The route I had plotted started from Darlington, but I chose to pick the route up at Northallerton. It seemed to struggle at first picking the route up part way, showed it in a dark grey rather than chevrons, but after a minute or so it was back to the chevrons & all was fine. Top piece of kit, running for about 8.5 hours in total today, but didn't check battery level before charging :blush:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
My ride today was 110 miles, using a tcx file uploaded via Ridewithgps.
Battery life, on my Elemnt, was on 27% after finishing and uploading to Strava.
Ride time 7:50, plus an hour or so phaffing around.

Edit: this was with active maps running all the time.

Last edited:
Just completed a trip Dieppe to Paris, followingnroutes planned with RWGPS, and had one issues of slow gps signal in Paris itself.
We were off route a couple of times, by my decision, and could easily find our way back on route, as the route and surrounding roads are shown.
Very easy to use, plan and save from.
6+ hours in the saddle, in 36 degrees, with no fails!
A fantastic purchase.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I haven't charged mid-ride before - do you do anything more than plug the battery in? It doesn't stop recording/turn off or anything weird when you do it?

Generally I take it into the control/Café with me and charge without switching off. If you switch off it takes ages to reload the ride data if you have gone far.

It will also charge on the hoof, but my lead to the charger comes loose at the battery end which I need to keep an eye on. The connection at the Wahoo end has a well designed port which clicks positively into the device and will not loosen.

Top Bottom