Wahoo Live Track

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JerryHone

Does anyone use Wahoo Live Track and does it work consistently? I have my Wahoo Elemnt setup to send an email to the other half when I start a ride so, God forbid, if I come a cropper, she'll know where I am. Problem is that it starts (sometimes!), and then it stops!!! On more than one occasion I've had a text asking me if everything's all right, and she's had the link pause and then burst into life 10 minutes later - today it stopped after a few minutes and never came back! If I lived in the Outer Hebrides, I might have expected some sort of communication breakdown, but in West Sussex??? It's not a big deal, but it would be nice to get it working properly. For the record, I have the Elemnt bluetoothing to an iPhone 6s.

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
Was tempted to use it on mine but never activated it, yet. It relies on mobile phone coverage, obviously, so maybe that's where the issue lies.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Mine is hit-and-miss as to whether it starts, but as far as I know when it starts it then runs OK. I have determined that mine only starts if I have the Wahoo app open and connected to my Bolt when I start the activity. If I simply switch on the Bolt and then hit 'start' it won't send the link (even though the phone and Bolt do connect automatically by BT).

OP
OP
J

JerryHone

Thanks for the feedback...especially figbat's as I wondered whether mine maybe only sent a link if the app was open so that's useful confirmation.

geocycle

Legendary Member
I use mine for live track and it probably works perfectly 70% of the time. The route usually starts ok but then sometimes just stops so my partner thinks I’ve abandoned in a cafe somewhere. I’m trying to understand why and I think it’s an issue with the phone signal as it usually occurs in poor reception areas.

Last edited:
My Wahoo disconnects from my iPhone almost constantly so i wonder is that's what could be causing the issue ? I often find i've missed a call when out on a ride and it rarely shows up on my Bolt.

Top Bottom