Wahoo Reflkt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Anyone using one of these? I first saw one of these at the weekend, the guy had only just bought it and hadn't yet used it but gave me a quick demo.
Looks utterly brilliant for the money, although from what I can make out, it isn't entirely compatible with Android just yet (in terms of allowing a HRM to be used as well) but I'm assuming that will be available very soon.

It looked spectacular to me, anyone got one that can comment?

I've got a Wahoo tickr HRM that works seamlessly with an Android phone (Motorola G) and Garmin units too as it does ANT+ as well, so the compatibility may be more down to individual phones and apps than android per se.

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Yes. I've got one of those, works quite nicely :smile:
Looks as if Reflkt is integrated with the newer Android systems now, I just need Endomondo to sort out their compatibility and I will probably invest in one.
I'm surprised they don't seem more popular actually, I guess different people have different requirements but this will suit me down to the ground when it works directly with Endo :smile:

BRounsley

Über Member
I bought it when it was first released. I love it

I use it all of the time. I can’t answer your Android question as I use iOS.

Your app has also got to support it. There is the Wahoo app but Strava also supports it.

The Wahoo app you can customise what’s on each page. I still use the Strava app though.

I still mount my phone on my handle bars but it allows me to use Rflkt for stats and when navigating the whole phone screen solely for maps.

Its coin battery powered and it lasts forever.

Downside, it’s not backlit (unless you press a button for a flash, assume it's a power saving feature) so not great at night. There is a slight lag.

Topeak are bringing a competitor out called the PanoComputer.

http://www.topeak.com/products/PanoBikeAndRideCase/tpb_c01b

I personally see this as the future of cycle gps. Phone in your pocket (connect to a battery if need for all day cycling). Dumb screen on the handlebars. Garmin screen and battery without the cost and complexity of all the duplicated functionality your phone can do (GPS, fast processor, flash storage etc….)

Last edited:

annirak

Veteran
The advantage with the rflkt is that the API is open, so, any app maker can use it. It's also a fully graphical screen, which the topeak does not appear to be.

I use the rflkt with the Wahoo app on Android, so I'm happy to answer any questions.

I use it with RideWithGPS on android. You get 2 screens of stats (+ 1 screen with a subset of stats) and directional prompts when navigating. There have been some teething issues in beta, but it seems to be working well now. Works fine with the phone connected to my wahoo HRM and S/C sensor also.

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Thanks all, extremely helpful, sorry I missed the replies, I didn't get the alerts for some reason.

I personally see this as the future of cycle gps. Phone in your pocket (connect to a battery if need for all day cycling). Dumb screen on the handlebars. Garmin screen and battery without the cost and complexity of all the duplicated functionality your phone can do (GPS, fast processor, flash storage etc….)

Those were exactly my thoughts when I first saw it, it looked to be exactly the device I was looking for and didn't even know it!
My trusty old Sigma is just a couple of weeks away from rolling over to 10,000 miles so I'll let it complete that first (it's a bit of a personal milestone for me) and then I shall be investing in a one :smile:
I assume that the HRM connects directly to the Reflkt? Much as I love my bluetooth HRM, its performance is eratic to say the least when my phone is in a rucksack or saddle bag (as expected)

The bluetooth stats from HRM and S/C sensors go via the phone im afraid. The RFLKT is only an external display, not an interface to other BTLE/ANT devices.

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
The bluetooth stats from HRM and S/C sensors go via the phone im afraid. The RFLKT is only an external display, not an interface to other BTLE/ANT devices.

Thanks for that, that is a bit of a pain. Endomondo also don't support it yet so I may have to wait a little longer.

cppatrik

Regular
The advantage with the rflkt is that the API is open, so, any app maker can use it. It's also a fully graphical screen, which the topeak does not appear to be.

I use the rflkt with the Wahoo app on Android, so I'm happy to answer any questions.
Hi!
I just bought a rflkt+ and i'm having issues/problems. Im order to "make things work" i have to go through following procedure:
# Start wahoo Fitness (android 5.0.19
# Goto gear, and tap rflkt
#Wait for "syncing pages" etc. to complete
# Open workout (do not start=klick green button)
# Wait again for "syncing pages" etc.
Now i can push assinged start/pause workout button and everything works.
I'm starting to belive that i'm doing things wrong, but if i don't goto gear and tap rflkt, noting happens.
What am i doing wrong?
Thanks in advance.

cppatrik

Regular
Late again! All issues disappeared after firmware upgrade.
This must be note though: I had gibberish on my display, and unit seemed to have been bricked but i removed battery and after 10 sec reseated it. After that unit is working flawlessly.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Did give these a fleeting thought, last year when looking to replace my Garmin Edge 200 but in the end decided that you would be as well paying the extra for an all singing all dancing Garmin, which just works.

Top Bottom