Wahoo.... Ride won't upload to Strava

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sunny Portrush

Veteran
Slightly off topic but a couple of times recently, the live track has stopped, only showing the first part (maybe only 5 mins worth) of my ride. On both occasions, I had stop for different reasons but don`t understand why the live track stopped - anyone else have this problem?

I have an Elemnt and an Elemnt Bolt on different bikes.

Normally, they both connect via the house wifi and upload automatically to Strava when I arrive back in the garage. By the time I get indoors my ride will already be in Strava.

I don’t usually have to bother with the Wahoo App or bluetooth at all.

However, for the last few weeks this has stopped happening and I have to sync to the Wahoo App on my phone to get the ride into Strava.

Has anyone else been experiencing this problem?

I don’t know whether to blame Brexit or Coronavirus?

lane

Veteran
I had the same problem. I also couldn't load up my Strava app which seems to be a problem at the moment because I came across quite a few posts online. When I synched my GPS and phone and tried to load up manually it didn't work because it tried to load via app which wasn't working. It at some point gave me a choice use chrome or use Strava app and I selected chrome always and it loaded up the ride and has worked over wi-fi since. My conclusion was the issue was related to the problem with the strava app not working but I might be wrong.

I’ve never used the Strava App.

My devices just used to automatically upload my ride directly to the Strava servers via wifi when I saved the ride on the device and was within range of my home wifi (which it is configured to use).

This no longer seems to happen.

geocycle

Legendary Member
I had this problem a few weeks ago. It occurred after an update. I deleted the Strava automatic update, closed the app, reopened it and added my Strava details again. Seems to be fine again now.

Top Bottom